Saturday, July 29, 2017

July 27, 2017 Lunch – Greenside Café, Cedar Crest. Dinner – grilled Teriyaki Salmon with Stir Fried Vegetables

July 27, 2017 Lunch – Greenside Café, Cedar Crest. Dinner – grilled Teriyaki Salmon with Stir Fried Vegetables

I ate a lamb meatball dipped in tzatziki at 9:30 and tried to ride north but it started to rain as I past Central so I turned back and rode home in the rain.  An interesting 20 minute bike ride.  I learned that gripper brakes work well in the rain.

At 11:30 I left for book club meeting.  We met at Greenside Café in cedar crest.  There were five of us.  I ordered the chicken fried steak and it turned out to be the best I have eaten in New Mexico.

It was hand made.  A pounded round steak that thinned out at the edges that is hand breaded and deep fried.  The steak was covered with a white sauce and served with mashed potatoes covered with brown sauce and steamed broccoli flowerets and slices of zucchini and a whole wheat roll.

The other dishes included a chicken in cream sauce on linguini and a Monte Christo sandwich.  I found Greenside to be a superior restaurant and recommend it.

At 6:00 we  started dinner

Yesterday I made teriyaki sauce with 7 T. each of soy sauce, Aji mirin, and sake plus 1 T. of sugar.  I the placed the salmon filet in a freezer bag and added the marinade and placed it in the fridge.  The salmon marinated until tonight, approximately 27 hours.

Tonight I decided to stir fried vegetables with the salmon.  I julienned ½ onion, 6 oz. of zucchini,
about three cups of bok Choy with the green leaves and white stalk pieces.  I minced ginger and garlic and then Suzette said she wanted her vegetables cooked with basil.  So I went to the garden and picked the tops off our two basil plants and sliced about 1/3 cup of basil leaves and ½ cup of white mushrooms.

I stir fried the ginger and garlic for a minute and then added the white vegetables and cooked them for about fifteen minutes covered until tender.  I then added the green leaves, basil strips, and mushroom slices.

While I cooked the vegetables, Suzette grilled the salmon perfectly, moist but cooked thoroughly on a soaked cedar plank.  The best part were the crisp edges of salmon that hung over the edge of the board.







I opened a bottle of Santiago Station Sauvignon Blanc from Mendoza Valley in Argentina (Total Wine $3.99 less 20%).

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment