Tuesday, July 11, 2017

July 10, 2017 Lunch – Souper Salad. Dinner – Grilled Monkfish with Sorrel Pesto and Asparagus with PPI Paella

July 10, 2017   Lunch – Souper Salad. Dinner – Grilled Monkfish with Sorrel Pesto and Asparagus with PPI Paella

I worked in the morning until 11:30 when I went to an annual checkup at Presbyterian.  After the appointment it was hot and I craved a cold salad with lots of greens.  I decided to search for Souter Salad and found that it was nearby at 2225 Wyoming, near the corner of Menaul, so I drove there.  I ordered the salad without soup which was $7.29.

I filled my plate with spinach, organic greens, black olives, red onion slices, beets, croutons, cucumber, cheese, and red quinoa.  I loved the salad and even ate a small corn, yellow cake, and chocolate cake muffin.  I enjoyed the cool salad and felt healthy.

After lunch I went to Bill Turner’s office to finish a motion in our Arroyo Honda adjudication and did not get home until after lunch and did not get home until after 4:00.  Suzette arrived soon after and I rested until 5:00 and then watched the news with her until Willy called at around 6:40.  Willy said he was coming over, so we began cooking dinner.  We decided to make a simple dinner. We would grill the monkfish and asparagus and serve it with the PPI Paella.

I filleted the fish and Suzette spread it with sorrel pesto.  Then I snapped the ends off about 20 stalks of asparagus while Suzette poured olive oil, salt, and pepper into a gallon freezer bag into which we put the asparagus.  Suzette started the grill and when it had heated she placed the fish and asparagus on the grill.  Suzette also filled a Pyrex baking dish with Paella, covered it with Saran and put it in the microwave oven ready for heating at the right moment.  Willy arrived a few minutes later.  Suzette brought in the asparagus wrapped in aluminum foil to keep them warm.  Then after twenty minutes of grilling, she brought in the monkfish.  The fish was tender and fully cooked.  Suzette then heated the Paella and plated dinner first with a pile of Paella with a monkfish filet that had been grilled on a slice of lemon on top and I sliced the two small tomatoes from our garden and placed them and six or seven stalks of asparagus on the plate beside the Paella.  Willy drank water, Suzette drank a Negra Modelo, and I drank the last of the Ferme Julien rose’ with ice cubes.  After dinner, Willy and Suzette shared the PPI Raspberry Tart.

       The monkfish on the grill

        The PPI Raspberry Tart slice

We watched the news about Donald Trump, Jr. and Paul Manofort meeting with a Russian lawyer in Trump Tower in July 2016, which seems to be the first indication of direct collusion of the Trump team with the Russians and then at 8:00 the Antiques Roadshow from Rochester, N.Y..  Willy left shortly thereafter, because his friends called and he was nursing a sore calf from a soccer injury on Sunday.

We decided that monkfish was not at its best grilled and decided to bake it next time.

I went to bed at 9:30.

Bon




No comments:

Post a Comment