Thursday, July 13, 2017

July 13, 2017 Lunch – Sumo Sushi. Dinner – Grilled Ribeye steak, mango salsa, and sautéed squash and onion


July 13, 2017  Lunch – Sumo Sushi.  Dinner – Grilled Ribeye steak, mango salsa, and sautéed squash and onion

It was raining so we did not ride this morning.  I watched the finish of Stage 12 of the Tour de France which was very exciting because Aru beat Fromme by 22 seconds and went into the yellow jersey as leader of the race by 6 seconds.

I talked to Pavn and Moran Johal and they told me they were going ahead with the purchase of the land in Fairfield, so I re-wrote the purchase Agreement.

I also had a good conversation with Andres Rosales who is the tenant at the candy store and said he was ready to move forward with the project, which is also good news.

I met Robert Mueller for lunch at Sumo Sushi, which is connected to Amerasia at 800 3rd Street around 1:00.  Robert had his dog, Lothar, with him, who lay beside him under the sushi bar.  I looked at the menu and decided to get my usual of stuffed tofu and Pork filled steamed buns from the Amerasia kitchen.  Robert is also watching his diet and ordered a sashimi salad which was a pile or organic greens covered with ten slices of sashimi.  He seemed to like the salad, but I was put off of it because it cost $16.95.  My lunch cost $7.50.


   

         The sushi bar at Sumo Sushi

        My steamed buns and stuffed tofu

After lunch I went home and was pleasantly surprised that the market and Apple stock had ticked up today.

At 5:30 I went to the garden and picked two zucchini and three snow peas.

Suzette came home at 6:00 with a yellow squash, so we decided to grill one of the ribeye steaks I bought yesterday and make mango salsa and sautéed squash and onion for dinner.

Mango Salsa

4 mangoes diced

1/3 Vidalia onion finely diced

2 oz. poblano chili finely diced

Juice of two limes

½ cup of finely diced jicama

I combined all the ingredients in a bowl and tossed them to coat them with lime juice.

Sautéed Vegetables

1 zucchini diced

½ yellow squash diced

½ cup fresh minced oregano

½ onion diced

1 clove of garlic minced

Suzette sautéed the ingredients in butter and olive oil and grilled one of the ribeye steaks to medium rare.



Suzette complimented me on my precise cutting of the cubes of squash which gave the squash dish an orderly composition.

I opened a bottle of 2015 Barbera di Asti from Trader Joe's.

We ate our simple but delicious meal at the table under the gazebo in the garden.

Later I ate a few green grapes for dessert.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment