Monday, July 17, 2017

July 17, 2017 Lunch – Ichiban. Dinner – Stir fried Pork with beech mushrooms, onion, corn, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, and sweet bok choy

July 17, 2017 Lunch – Ichiban. Dinner – Stir fried Pork with beech mushrooms, onion, corn, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, and sweet bok choy

I ate the other half bagel smeared with goat cheese and garnishedvwith sliced onion, Lax , and Roma tomato for breakfast and then we rode north to a Campbell Rd. and back.

I then went to the liquor license hearing at 9:00 where VinDacia was approved for its wholesaler license.

I worked until 11:30 and then drove to Ichiban at the northwest corner of Alameda and Coors where I met Bill Tryon and his paralegal, Pete, for lunch and a discussion of a real estate property problem that they asked me to help them with.

I ordered a Chirashi lunch and specified what fish to include and which to not include.  The sushi chef followed my instructions perfectly.  I think there is no resistance to following a diner’s request because the chef appreciates that the diner knows the food well enough to make an informed reasonable request.  I ordered green tea and again was pleased with the quality of the tea.

Bill and Pete ordered tempura.

I talked so much that I was unable to eat much of my chirashi and took quite a lot of it home.

I thawed a pork chop out when I arrived home for dinner.  My idea was to combine the PPI Pork and stir fried vegetables with more fresh stir fried pork and vegetables.

When Suzette arrived we discussed several options and settled on sautéing the Pork, onion, zucchini, and Beech mushrooms and then bok Choy  and combining it with the PPI Pork and stir fried vegetables.   I first minced 1 ½ T. of ginger root and about ½ T. of garlic, which I added to the diced pork and beech mushrooms, which I cooked until the pork turned gray from red.  I removed the pork and mushrooms from the wok, leaving as much of the garlic and ginger as possible to which I added the zucchini and onion, which I cooked covered for about fifteen minutes until they were cooked.

Suzette wanted to add fresh basil instead of soy and Chinese Cooking wine, so she ran to the garden and plucked a small handful of basil leaves and chopped them and added them to the stir fry when I added the bok choy. I stir fried the mixture for a couple of minutes and then returned the pork and mushrooms to the wok and added the PPI stir fried vegetables and cooked the mixture uncovered to try to drive off as much liquid as possible.  Soon everything was cooked and ready to eat.  I filled our plates with the pork and vegetable dish.

 


Suzette declared the dish wonderful and said that most diets recommend protein and vegetables, which is what we achieved this evening.

Suzette drank PPI rose’ wine and apple cider and I drank a mojito with dinner.

We each ate a piece of chocolate later in the evening with a glass of spirits; cognac for Suzette abs Calvados for me.

We are beginning to feel our bodies responding to our increased exercise and new diet.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment