Tuesday, July 18, 2017

July 18, 2017 .lunch – PPI Chirashi. Dinner – Poached Cod in a Lobster Cream Sauce over a bed of steamed asparagus

July 18, 2017 .lunch – PPI Chirashi. Dinner – Poached Cod in a Lobster Cream Sauce over a bed of steamed asparagus

I ate granola with milk, yogurt and green grapes for breakfast and then we rode to Rio Bravo and back at a pretty fast pace.  We seem to be getting into better physical shape.

Talking about physical shape I probably gained weight today, because I ate the PPI Chirashi from yesterday.  This was the first large helping of white rice I have eaten in over a month.  It was mixed in with the flying fish eggs, seaweed salad, squid salad and daikon threads.  I ate it with pieces of salmon, yellow tail, tuna, and octopus and drank green tea.

Then I went to bed but was awakened by a call from a lawyer in the LRG water case.

After the call I did some work and then drove to the bank and then to Sprouts Farm Market on Lomas near San Mateo to shop.  Suzette said to get some cod if possible and there was cod for $7.99//lb. so I bought a piece plus six sea scallops at $14.99/lb. I then bought a 1 lb. box of mushrooms for $3.49, milk for $2.19/gallon, two 18 oz containers of blueberries for $1.98 each, a head of celery for $.98, cherries for $1.98/lb. and salted roasted pistachios for $5.99/lb.

I drove home and Suzette had just arrived.  We ate a bowl of the roasted pistachios and discussed dinner.  She decided to poach the cod and serve it on a bed of asparagus with a lobster cream sauce, which she referred to as gumbo, because she made a cream sauce with a roux.

I found a bottle of Guy de Mousset 2016 Cotes Du Rhone Rose’ that I wanted to try.  I picked the meat of the lobster that we had cooked and placed it in a small bowl in the fridge because dinner was soon ready.  Suzette poached the cod in PPI lobster stock and then added some of the fish poaching medium to a roux she made with flour and butter  and then made a cream sauce by adding some of the poaching medium to which she added the PPI broccoli and cauliflower in cream sauce that we made Saturday evening.  The result was a cream sauce bordering on a cream soup covering the poached cod and asparagus.  Suzette was kind enough to add to my dish the PPI lobster claw meat and clam and broccoli and cauliflower in cream sauce that I did not finish on Saturday evening.




I poured glasses of Rose’ with ice to chill it.  The 2016 rose’ was exceedingly fresh and had lots of floral overtones.  We loved it and drank the entire bottle.  I added 1 to 2 T. of sherry to the soup and ate the rest of the cod and sauce in a second bowl of the fish soup.

I liked the soup better with sherry, but both renditions were great.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment