Thursday, July 20, 2017

July 20, 2017 Lunch – Salad with Pate’, Comte cheese, cucumber, tomatoes and Greek olives. Dinner – Betty Turk “Murder in Madrid” book signing and dinner


July 20, 2017 Lunch – Salad with Pate’, Comte cheese, cucumber, tomatoes and Greek olives. Dinner – Betty Turk “Murder in Madrid” book signing and dinner

I started the day at a NAIOP program featuring a speech by Darren White and a Duke Rodriquez.  Duke was a great speaker and made me glad to have Ultrahealth as a tenant.

After the meeting i went home and at 10:30 went to my semi-annual teeth cleaning after which I returned home.  I decided to pick some of the lettuce in the garden and make a salad.  Much of the newly planted lettuce is still small and it suffered from the heat and lack of water for a few days that damaged it but there was enough other lettuce to fill a bowl and I picked five yellow cherry tomatoes also.

I added slides of PPI pork and beef pate’ from Suzette’s Solstice dinner, a few slices of Comte’ cheese from France, several slices of cucumber, black olives from Greece, three of the cherry tomatoes.  I drank a glass of Ferme Julien Rose. From the Rhone Valley.

I put the salad in the fridge while I changed clothes, which allowed it to cool and crisp a bit.  I loved having a cool salad with a few sips of French Rose’.

A little after 5:00 I drove to the Center for Ageless Living for the book review and dinner with Betty Turk.  I sat with the Morgans, who have recently moved back to Los Lunas from Idaho.  I was thrilled that they love the Center and both are active participants in activities, such as coming for this dinner and book signing.  I met others equally friendly, such as Bob Crain and his partner, Judy.  I also talked Betty and said hello to Dana, one of her sons and told them how much I had enjoyed working Thad and James at Westland.

The meal was coordinated to the book, which is set in Madrid during its active mining days at the turn of the century.  It was an entrée of a bean stew with ham, white beans, greens, and a few other vegetables served with really delicious rosemary flavored cornbread made by the new baker, Jessica, who also made the dessert of peach cobbler.

                           The Bean Stew after I ate most of it
                          Ditto on the cornbread and butter
                              Suzette talking while Betty was signing her book.

Thanks to Suzette there were lots of question and since there were over 30 people packed into the restaurant, a real feeling of intimacy and conviviality.  I enjoyed the evening and it seemed others did also.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment