Wednesday, August 10, 2016

August 9, 2016 Lunch. PPI Pho Noodle Soup and Steamed Buns. Dinner. Grilled Rack of Lamb, New Potatoes, Onion and Eggplant

August 9, 2016 Lunch. PPI Pho Noodle Soup and Steamed Buns. Dinner. Grilled Rack of Lamb, New Potatoes, Onion and Eggplant 

We ran out of yogurt, so a delayed eating until 11:00 when he ate the PPI bowl of Pho soup I made yesterday with chicken.  I wanted some steamed buns and tried to set up the steaming oven to defrost and  cook theme, but could not I'd did not because it was easier to microwave then for 3:33 minutes at 8 power in the microwave.  One was soft enough to enjoy but the other one was tough and dried out.

At 5:00 I went to Trader Joe’s to buy wine, chocolate, and yogurt.  I saw fresh artichokes, so bought a box of four for $2.29.  I bought Iberico cheese for $9.99/lb., a block of bittersweet chocolate with almonds for $4.99, an 8.8 oz. box of chocolate truffles for $2.99, and then went to the wine department, where I bought Suzette a bottle of Scotch and fifteen bottles of wine, including, 2 Portuguese Tuella, 2 Spanish Rioja La Granja, 2 Famille Perrin Reserve white Cotes du Rhone, 1 Spanish La Granja Cava, 1 Quinson Beaujolais Villages, 1 Laurent Revercy Sancerre, 1 Amancay Torrontes, 2 La Granja Verdejo/viuras, 2 La Granja Tempranillo/granache blend Spanish Riojas, and 2 Carayon Rose’ from Languedoc for a total bill of $137.41.  

I felt like I had replenished our everyday wine larder.

As I drove home I realized that since we had thawed out a Ravi of lamb that we would probably grill it and I wanted eggplant and a potato with it, so I stopped at Lowe’s on my way homes during bought three lovely red new potatoes, an eggplant, and some cherries on sale for $1.49/lb..

Suzette was at home when I arrived.  I put the artichokes in a pot of water to  simmer for an hour and wE watched the news until 7:00.

Then we started cooking.  Suzette salted the rack.  I sliced the eggplant, a medium onion, and two of the potatoes and put them into the freezer bag Suzette had drizzled olive oil , salt , and pepper into.  She then shook the bag to coat the vegetable slices and put them on the grill with the rack.

Suzette fasted the vegetables with butter and in 20 to 30 minutes everything was ready.

We discussed which wine we wanted to drink and quickly decided to open one of Portuguese Tuellas.  Suzette fetched the mint jelly and I poured the wine and when the lamb and vegetables were cooked we were ready to eat our Paleo dinner.

  The grilled rack of lamb and eggplant slices


  Grilled lamb, onion, potato, and eggplant

After dinner Suzette found a recipe for banana nut bread and used the softened bananas to make banana nut bread with some chopped walnuts added..  



Later in the evening we had pieces of warm banana nut bread. Delicious.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment