Tuesday, August 2, 2016

August 1, 2016 Lunch. Pho with beef meatballs and hamburger. Dinner. Pasta with chicken, and steamed asparagus

August 1, 2016  Lunch. Pho with beef meatballs and hamburger. Dinner. Pasta with chicken, and steamed asparagus

My body is still in the grip of my post trip reverse turista or food poisoning.

Thank goodness I am beginning to be able to rebuild my strength by eating regular food.  Hopefully my body will adjust and end the  endless diarrhea that has manifested for the last four days.

I had a discussion with Suzette about dietary do’s and don’t’s this morning and we decided on toast that toast spread with peanut butter and honey was a good breakfast, so that is what I ate.

For lunch I remade the pho soup with a cube of pho flavoring, a round of vegetarian noodles, three more sliced beef meatballs, and a small hamburger.  I at a bowl at 1:00 p.m.

We went to see Captain Fantastic at 5:00with Cynthia and Ricardo, where I ate a lot of popcorn, because Suzette said the carbs would be good for me.  I also drank most of a large Dr. pepper for the sugar, to resuscitate my sore leg muscles and that seemed to work.

After the movie we visited Willy in his new apartment.  We all admired the view from his north facing windows of downtown and the Sandias.

Suzette had recommended chicken, as the most digestible meat, so at lunch I thawed out four thighs.

When we got home around around 8:15 we decided to make a simple dinner with the chicken and PPI Orreichette pasta.

I diced ½ onion and three cloves of garlic while Suzette diced 1 chicken thigh and f etched the pasta.

She then sautéed the onion and garlic while I sliced four large white mushrooms, which we added to the skillet.  After a minute or two of cooking Suzette added the chicken and then the pasta.  We decided to not embellish the dish further by adding anything to the light olive oil and butter sauce in which the dish was prepared.

I drank water and Suzette drank beer.

We watched the Antiques Roadshow and then a special on the history of Rocky Mountain National Park and some political news on MSNBC until a bit after 10:00,when we went to bed.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment