Monday, August 15, 2016

August 14, 2016 Breakfast – French Toast. Lunch – PPI Miso Vietnamese Chicken Noodle soup. Dinner – PPI Rack of Lamb, Chard and Tomato Couscous, and Tzatziki

August 14, 2016 Breakfast – French Toast. Lunch – PPI Miso Vietnamese Chicken Noodle soup. Dinner – PPI Rack of Lamb, Chard and Tomato Couscous, and Tzatziki.

Today the only new dish I cooked was French toast.  I wanted to use the last of a loaf of supermarket French bread that Suzette bought, so I mixed two eggs, 1/3 cup of milk, a bit of sugar, and a dash of cinnamon in a shallow bowl. I then heated butter in a skillet, soaked slices of bread in the mixture and sautéed them in the mixture until they took on a light brown color.


We garnished the French bread with warm syrup, blueberries, and yogurt.

We cleaned and rearranged Willy’s room today, which allowed us to move the love seat to his room to convert it into another guest bedroom. 

Around 1:45 I was hungry and decided to heat the PPI bowl of 
PPI Miso Vietnamese Chicken Noodle soup.  I enjoyed it today as much as yesterday.


Suzette ate chips with guacamole as a snack, so by 5:30 she was hungry.

We are going out to eat on Monday, so we decided to eat the PPIs from Thursday's dinner.  We heated the lamb chops and couscous in the microwave and served them with the PPI Tzatziki sauce.  This Tzatziki is my favorite to date, made with chopped Roma tomato, a bit of chopped white onion, three cloves of garlic, 1 ½ T. of olive oil, two cucumbers, 2/3 cup of Trader Joe’s French Village yogurt, and ¼ cup of chopped fresh oregano leaves.

Later I drank ½ glass of the Middle Eastern yogurt drink with a probiotic pill to try to resurrect normalcy in my gut.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment