Wednesday, August 24, 2016

August 22, 2016. Lunch – Pho Miso Noodle Soup, Dinner – Roasted Pork Tenderloin Tapa, with cottage fried potatoes, and steamed Broccoli

August 22, 2016. Lunch – Pho Miso Noodle Soup,  Dinner – Roasted Pork Tenderloin Tapa, with cottage fried potatoes, and steamed Broccoli

Today I rode ten miles for the first time in a month. It tired me a it so I lay down.  Then worked and at 11:00 made brunch. I should have eaten sooner as I had exhausted my energy level.  I made a pot of pho miso soup as usual with a pho flavor bouillon cube, two sliced fish balls, four heads off shrimp, one stalk of baby bok choy, a shallot, 1 T. of Red miso, 1 T. of wakame seaweed, using rice noodles and a bundle of Japanese Somen noodles, and garnished with two scallions.  The soup was so flavorful it did not need any additional flavoring.  I ate a whole pot of it and laid down until my energy returned.

At 3:00 I went to MVD to register the Mini and found out I needed an emissions certificate.  I then drove to Sprouts and bought a pork tenderloin, a head of cauliflower, milk, 4 gala apples, 3 ears of fresh white corn, yogurt, twice dipped peanuts, mushrooms and 1liter of Spanish olive oil.

When I returned home I chilled a bottle of 2013 Domaine Guy de Mousset Cotes du Rhone Rose (Total Wine and thawed a large pork tenderloin.  

I had invited Charlie and Susan Palmer for dinner and wanted to make our favorite roasted pork tenderloin tapa from Jose Andreas Tapas Cookbook for them.  I sliced 1 of the gala apples plus the small gala Apple from our tree and 1 large white onion. 

When Suzette came home at 6:00, she had a cocktail and then we began to cook.  She shucked the 3 ears of corn, I sliced the four PPI baked potatoes, and sectioned the pork tender into about seven segments.  I also went to the garden and picked six or seven sprigs each of oregano and chives.  Suzette then began toto cook.  She sautéed the onions a and apples in 2 T. of Spanish olive oil on the top of the stove until they softened.  The she added the pork an after its color changed, laid Six sprigs of oregano on the ingredients and placed the sauté pan into the oven at 300 degrees to roast from for 30 minutes.  I made ½ cup of chicken stock and fe chef the cognac.  Suzette heated a pot of water and boiled the corn for following be to six minutes until it was cooked. In a large Iron skillet, she sautéed the sliced potatoes in a mixture of olive oil and butter until the potatoes turned golden brown.






I removed the flowerets from two stalks of broccoli and Suzette steamed them.  

After the pork was cooked she removed the pork segments from the an and added 2 T. of cognac and after cooking that for a minute or two added the ½ cup,of chicken stock and reduced the sauce again.  The same center's was rather light but delicious.  I chopped the chives and garnished the fried potatoes with chives. Whenever the broccoli was cooked Suzette assembled the dishes.  Here are some photos.

I poured the rose’ wine and Suzette and I drank the entire bottle.


After dinner I served Charlie and myself a bowl of Chocolate ice cream with Hershey’s chocolate syrup.  Later we watched TV and ate chocolate and drank glasses of grappa, calvados, and cognac.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment