Wednesday, August 17, 2016

August 16, 2016 Lunch – La Salita, Dinner – cassarecce pasta with sautéed yellow squash, onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and pesto

August 16, 2016 Lunch – La Salita,  Dinner – cassarecce pasta with sautéed yellow squash, onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and pesto 

At 11:00 I made a large loop, driving to La Salita for a plate of two Swiss cheese filled chile rellenos with double beans, extra onions, and green chile laid on a puddle of turkey hash.  I could not finish the meal. I also bought Suzette a $50.00 gift certificate.  I then drove to Costco for gas and bought a bottle of Dry Creek Winery Sauvignon Blanc and an 18 oz. plastic container of organic blueberries.

Then I drove to Ta Lin where I bought Japanese rice vinegar, baby book choy, and tofu.

On my way home I stopped at Mike’s automotive too schedule a repair of the Prius.

I worked all afternoon until 6:00.

Suzette then suggested that we prepare a pasta primavera with pesto.

I chopped a small white onion, the remaining ½ of a red bell pepper, the remaining ½ of the yellow squash Suzette brought from Los Luna's.

Then Suzette took over and boiled Cassarecce pasta and sautéed the ingredients with butter and olive oil.  Then she combined the sautéed ingredients with the pasta and tossed that mixture with pesto we had made from fresh basil from our garden.

We drank the last of the Famille Perrin Reserve Cotes Du Rhone white and then opened the bottle of Dry Creek Sauvignon Blanc I had bought at Costco and chilled when I arrived home at 1:30.

Ioana was so kind to bring us a box of chocolates when she came for her appointment today.  I was not feeling well and did not eat one but Suzette ate one and loved it.  

Later in the night the nasty dysentery I have suffered from for two weeks raised it ugly head.  Alas, I go to see my doctor tomorrow.  

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment