Wednesday, August 3, 2016

August 2, 2016 Lunch Azuma. Dinner New Recipe. Pasta with crab, red pepper, Mushrooms, and Sweet yam leaves in a Sour Cream Sauce

August 2, 2016 Lunch  Azuma. Dinner New Recipe.  Pasta with crab, red pepper, Mushrooms, and Sweet yam leaves in a Sour Cream Sauce

I ate a few blueberries with yogurt around 10:30

Then I met Robert Mueller for lunch at 11:45 at Azuma.  Suzette had recommended eating teriyaki chicken gather than raw fish to avoid any potential bacterial agents that might trigger my the bacterial defense mechanisms in my gut going into defense again.  After four days without a normal bowel movement, I took her advice seriously and am happy to announce that my simple meal of a sautéed teriyaki chicken breast bento box with its boiled rice, fried tempura, and pickled cucumber salad seems to have been the best choice.  My bowels seem to have calmed.

Robert ate our usual Chirashi Donburi.

After lunch I picked up two baguettes at Fano for $3.00 each.

Later, I ate the uneaten half of the peanut butter and honey sandwich I made yesterday at 4:30 p.m. after a short nap.

Suzette arrived around 5:20 and Willy shortly after her.

Suzette reminded me that we were invited to a reception at the Keleher house down the street at 5:30 to 7:00 for U.S. Representative Michelle lujan Grisham.  Suzette supports Michelle because they have spent years fighting together for improvement in the regulation of long term care and aging issues.  Suzette is the Legislative Director for New Mexico’s Assisted Living Association, so she has an agenda to advance. 

I love going to these events, not because I am a rabid democrat, which I am, or have a burning issue to advance, as Suzette does, but because I get to see so many old friends who I rarely see otherwise and meet a few new interesting people of my liberal persuasion.  Today was no exception.  While Suzette was talking to State a Representative Armstrong I wandered around the house and looked at the art.  Two young men recently bought the house.  One of the owners of the the house is an art consultant and the other is a venture capitalist, who own Acosta Strong Gallery in Santa Fe, according to Diane Denish.  I talked to Diane about our Los Lunas project and the Democratic Convention while Suzette was talking.  I also said hello to Megam McCrossen and the Keleher boys who are democrats,Tom and Mike and who were raised in the house, and Mike’s daughter Ann and a few other folks.  Tom reminded me that the Gallaghers built my house.  The Gallaghers were lumber people.  Accordingly to Bill Keleher in an earlier conversation, the Gallaghers had been river boat captains hauling wood on the Mississippi River in the 1800’s who moved to New Mexico and started Bernalillo Lumber Co.
Albuquerque's Huning Castle Neighborhoods
https://books.google.com › books
Jane Mahoney - 2013 - History
... shingles at 1415 Park Avenue was built for $9,000 for Caroline and Thomas P. Gallagher. He was the managing partner of the Bernalillo Lumber Company. ... ( Courtesy of Albuquerque Progress.) ...

After a while Michelle spoke and there were a few questions that demonstrated her strong commitment to mental health legislation, as part of the evolving legislation in the area of gun controls, and criminal justice reform.

We walked home with Megan and showed her the folk art we bought in Mexico and returned to her her file she had lent to us with information on San Miguel de Allende.  Megan had been kind enough to have come over before we went to Mexico to share her knowledge and information of San Miguel.

After Megan left at around 8:00 Suzette quickly scoured the fridge and we decided to combine some of the sweet yam leaves we had bought at Ta Lin on Saturday with the PPI cram meat from Sunday brunch and PPI pasta.

I diced 1 ½ shallots, ¼ of a red bell pepper, and sliced three large mushrooms, while Suzette diced someone garlic.  She also ran to the garage and found a bottle of sparkling Spanish Cava rose.

I then removed the leaves from the stems of about ½ of the yam plants and Suzette added those to the skillet, almond with some of the the PPI clam cream sauce from Friday’s dinner.

Finally, Suzette added some cream con sal to thicken the sauce a bit and I sliced thin slices of Peccorino Romano cheese to garnish the dish.

The sauce was rather thin but delicious and the dish rather colorful with the dark green yam leaves, the white crab and pasta, and the red bell pepper cubes.


   The wine and pasta

The wine was just okay.  It tasted odd to me, like either CO 2 or sugar or both had been added.

We went to bed at 10:00 after watching the Boys in the Boat, about the University of Washington’s 8 man rowing team that won the 1936 Olympics and a bit of today’s political news.

I still do not have my appetite back, but it is great news that we are creating new recipes with new ingredients again.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment