Friday, August 26, 2016

August 25, 2016 Lunch – Asian Pear

August 25, 2016 Lunch – Asian Pear 

I rode to Rio Bravo and back with continuous strength this morning.  Then I ate a bowl of Tropical fruit Salad I made Sunday with pineapple, papaya, peaches, blueberries, mangoes, and lime juice with a handful of granola and three T. of Plain fat free yogurt.

I then met with Bill Turner and Steve Blanco.  We took a break for lunch at 2:00.  We walked to the Asian Pear Korean Restaurant at 508 Central SW.  The menu is rather limited, offering your choice of Korean BBQ’d chicken, beef, or pork with rice or Korean glass noodles in either a bowl or a larger quantity of meat on a plate for slightly more money.  I chose the chicken plate with noodles for $6.49 and Steve chose the beef plate with noodles.  What sets Asian Pear apart from other restaurants in my mind is its arm and caring hospitality.  The owner when time allows will take care to offer you additional food.  Today was the best day of extra service I have experienced.  After we were served our meal the staff began eating their lunch and the owner came by and asked if we wanted extra noodles.  She had never done this before.  We said yes and soon she brought two small bowls of Korean glass noodle, which we added to our diminished pile of noodles.  When she served the noodles she asked us if we wanted Kimchi.  We said, “Yes.” Soon she brought us each a small bowl of freshly made kimchi.  She then asked us if we wanted some vegetable pancake and we said yes. In another couple of minutes she brought two more small bowls with two pieces of crisp sautéed vegetable pancake garnished with a special sauce.

After she had served us all the extra goodies, she joined the other employees and ate her own bowl of food for lunch.

I had the feeling that we had been treated as honored guests in her home would be treated.  When we finished our expansive lunches we thanked her for our wonderful lunch and left her and her employees to finish their lunch.

Perhaps the lesson to be learned is that the best service at Asian Pear is after 2:00. But I think that the type of service we received today is always offered, because Asian Pear has a 4.7 star rating with over 80 5 star ratings.

This was the first day I was offered an additional bowl of noodles, so can not say whether that is now standard treatment or extra care based on an excess of noodles at the end of the lunch rush.

I give Asian Pear a Five star rating or whatever the highest rating available is for the care and service that made me feel special and cared for like I was an honored guest in one’s home.  There can be no better service.

The other restaurant in my area of town is Central Grill and Coffee Shop at 2058 Central SW, which I believe merits it high ratings (4.5 stars) in part due to its excellent service also. 

Bon Appetit k


No comments:

Post a Comment