Tuesday, January 2, 2024

January 2, 2023 Lunch - Pork Bao buns Dinner - two Pita pocket sandwiches and Chicken Salad sandwiches and salami sandwiches

January 2, 2023 Lunch - Pork Bao buns  Dinner - two Pita pocket sandwiches and Chicken Salad sandwiches and salami sandwiches


I ate granola with milk, yogurt, and blueberries for breakfast around 9:00.


Then I worked at my desk until 12:30 when a PL soccer match began between West Hampton and Brighton.


It was a rather unexciting match without a score in the first half, so I heated two pork bao buns and made a dipping sauce of soy, green onion ringlets, and a few drops of chili oil and drank a mug of Chinese Green tea.




I then finished a project I had started before lunch by 3:15.


I then got dressed and walked around the block and returned at 4:30.


Suzette arrived shortly thereafter and we alternated between watching the news and home decorating shows until 5:30 when I mediated for 1/2 hour by Zoom with my small meditation group of four today.


We then discussed dinner and Suzette snacked on toasted baguette rounds spread with chicken salad with a vermouth and I spread basil mayonnaise on toasted slices of French baguette and garnished two with salami and one with cured ham and drank green tea.




Suzette was not feeling well and went to bed at 8:00 after we watched Finding your Roots.


I stayed up to watch several shows on PBS about democracy and at 8:30 made two pita pocket sandwich by cutting and opening each half of a pita and toasting each to soften them and filling them with pork belly, tomato, labni, thin red onion slices, and feta cheese plus black olives, three radishes, three pickles, and a green onion. I drank a cup of water mixed with the last 1/3 glass of Olarra Rioja Reserva red wine.




Later I made another cup of green tea and ate two French liquor filled chocolates.


There was a major melt down in the NASDAQ today with the NASDAQ dropping over 300 points. It really pisses me off that the IRS sets the RMD for IRA’s based on the December 31 value, when that usually is the end of the Santa Claus rally and there is almost always a precipitous drop in early January, as it was today.  I didn’t even look at the result today.


The NASDAQ rose over 43% last year, so if it drops 10% in a few days all a long term holder can do is grit one’s teeth and bear a short term melt down if you believe there will be a soft landing of the economy.


 And went to bed at 11:30 after I finished this blog.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment