Monday, January 15, 2024

January 12, 2024 Lunch - Posole, Tamale, and flour tortilla. Dinner - Roast Duck with creamed potatoes and green peas and plum mincemeat sauce

January 12, 2024 Lunch - Posole, Tamale, and flour tortilla. Dinner - Roast Duck with creamed potatoes and green peas and plum mincemeat sauce


Suzette awakened me at 7:30 because Henry was coming at 8:30. 


I got dressed and was ready by the time Henry arrived.  He went over tiling the bathroom with Suzette and then we discussed his case a bit.


At 10:30 I toasted a bagel and spread cream cheese on it and garnished it with a slice of red onion, several slices of Gravad lax and some capers and ate it with a cup of Earl Grey tea.



I rested for a few minutes and then drove to the public library and then to the court house to pick up a case filing.


When I returned I thawed a duck half and brought in five of the bottles we bought at Costco and decided to eat a bowl of Posole with a sweet tamale.  I also toasted a flour tortilla on the open flame of the gas stove,



After a hardy lunch I rested and watched the Burnley v. Lutton PL match and dozed. Lutton scored a goal in overtime after regulation play ended to tie and salvage a point.


At 3:50 I walked around the block and felt really good.


When I returned Suzette had arrived and was working, so I watched the news and read until 6:30 when we started dinner.


Dinner


We kept it very simple again thus evening.  Suzette heated the PPI oyster stew which we ate a bowl of with crushed saltine crackers while she roasted the pre-cooked duck.  She then boiled some frozen peas and mixed the peas with PPI mashed potatoes. I diced a fresh plum that Suzette cooked with some of the PPI plum and mincemeat sauce we made last week.






The dinner was delicious and very elegant.  I sliced and divided the breast, thigh, leg, and wing and lay the slices on the pile of potatoes and green peas and garnished the plate with the sweet mincemeat and plum sauce.


I went to the basement and fetched a bottle of 2018 Signargues Cotes Du Rhone Villages red wine produced by Morel. The wine seemed a bit past its prime with a slightly bitter after taste to Suzette.  I had no trouble drinking it, especially after it opened up.  


Later I drank another glass of wine to wash down a buttered slice of baguette smeared with Affinois cheese as we watched a new movie tithed, Kodachrome starring Ed Harris and Paul Sedeikas, a small movie about a his son.


We went to bed at 10:00 after the movie.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment