Monday, January 15, 2024

January 15, 2024 Breakfast - Granola with milk, yogurt, and blueberries. Lunch - Meatballs with Romesco Sauce and Couscous. Dinner.- Grilled Lamb Chops, Baked Eggplant slices garnished with goat cheese couscous and tzatziki

January 15, 2024 Breakfast - Granola with milk, yogurt, and  blueberries. Lunch - Meatballs with Romesco Sauce and Couscous. Dinner.- Grilled Lamb Chops, Baked Eggplant slices garnished with goat cheese couscous and tzatziki


I ate granola at 10:00 and worked until 2:00, when I re-heated two meatballs with couscous and Romesco sauce and labni with a glass of Olarra Reserva Rioja red wine. I loved this very Spanish meal.



I then watched the Wild card game between Buffalo and Pittsburgh Steelers in the snow covered 3 degree stadium in Buffalo that Buffalo won.


Suzette came home during the game and ate a snack.


I drank a cup of hot chocolate with a chocolate cookie.


 At 6:00 we started cooking dinner 


Dinner - Suzette sliced an eggplant and drizzled it with olive oil and garnished the slices with goat cheese and baked them in the propane grill and then grilled four lamb chops, while I made tzatziki with a cucumber peeled, seeded, and diced, a cup of yogurt, the juice of 1/2 lemon, two cloves of garlic pressed and two T. of fresh minced dill.


Suzette plated my plate with the last 1/2 cup of couscous also.

I ate my chops with tzatziki and mint jelly.



We opened a new bottle of Cotes Du Rhone Village we bought at Costco recently that was more than adequate, 2020 produced by Paul Jaboulet Aine.  


After dinner I ate several chocolate and orange wafer Keebler fudge sticks with a cup of tea and a sip of Calvados.


Trump won the Iowa Caucus tonight.  The Supreme Court may be the last barrier to Trump winning the Presidency again.  What a guy, to have done so many bad things and still have the gall to seek public office.


Suzette went to bed at 10:00 and I followed at 11:00.


Bon Appetit





No comments:

Post a Comment