Monday, January 15, 2024

January 13, 2024 Lunch - Bacon and Eggs. Dinner - Pate, cheeses, and wine

 January 13, 2024 Lunch - Bacon and Eggs. Dinner - Pate, cheeses, and wine


Things are getting simpler.  The Christmas food has gone bad, so we need to clear it out and start over, but not today.  I bought some lovely thick cut sugar cured smoked bacon at Smith’s, so at noon I fried four slices and Suzette diced a baked potato and I diced about 2 oz. of red onion that she sautéed in the bacon fat and then in a separate pan fried four eggs.


Suzette ate her lunch with a Bloody Mary and I drank a cup of tea.




In the early morning I watched the Chelsea beat Fulham at 5:30 and at 7:30 went back to bed for and hour and then watched an exciting come from behind victory by Man City over Newcastle, 3 to 2.


Then we ate lunch.


We walked around the block at 2:00 and then I watched the first half of the Wildcard game between Houston and Cleveland, which Houston won 45 to 14.


We got ready and at 5:30 ate a light dinner of cheese, bread, pate, charcuterie, and wine just like we used to eat on vacations in France.





We then drove to the Kimo at 7:00 for the Leo Kottke concert. Kottke’s playing was just as good as ever and he has mellowed over the last fifty years a little, so his stories and jokes are better.


I saw him him one time before in NYC in the 70’s.


After the concert we arrived home at 9:00 in time to see Death on Paradise.


Suzette went to bed at 10:00 when it ended and I stayed up to watch another episode of Nina, a clever French hospital mystery, that I enjoyed very much, with a cup of tea. 


I then blogged and went to bed.


Soccer at 7:00 tomorrow.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment