Thursday, June 8, 2023

June 8, 2023 Lunch - Costco Hot Dog. Dinner - PPI Baked Chicken with Pappardelle in Tallegio cream sauce

 June 8, 2023 Lunch - Costco Hot Dog. Dinner - PPI Baked Chicken with Pappardelle in Tallegio cream sauce


I walked up at 7:00 and dressed and ate two slices of toasted bagel with cream cheese, Gravad lax, red onion, and capers with a cup of tea.




I then drove to Shahin’s to work on taxes.


Then I drove to my podiatry appointment at 11:00.


After the appointment I drove the several blocks to Costco.  I shopped first and bought cream, Cascade, lamb chops, crab claws, two bottles of Kirkland Cotes Du Provence rose, two bottles of Domaine du Tamaray rose, a Kirkland Pinot Grigio, a 1/2 bottle of Sauternes, and a bottle of ? Cardinales Grand Cru Classe St. Emillion, Ricotta and basil raviolis, a wheel of brie, a wedge of Gouda, and a wedge of Parmesan Reggiano, plus turmeric capsules for $272.00.


Then I ate a hot dog with pink lemonade and then drove home.



I checked my portfolio and was pleasantly surprised that almost everything increased with a total increase of 1.4%.


 I rested until Suzette came home at 5:00.  The big news today was that Trump is being indicted on espionage crime charges, the first President to be indicted of a federal crime.  He has made history again after making history as the first President to be impeached twice.


And he may still be indicted for crimes associated with January 6th.


Suzette brought home a new salad containing buttera, smoked ham, and arugula. It was delicious.


Suzette then heated the PPI baked chicken and Pappardelle in a tallegio cream sauce with asparagus and steamed a head of broccoli flowerets




I drank the last of the De Ponte Melon de Bourgogne and Suzette drank the last of the French Vieux Vignes Sauvignon Blanc.





We ate outside by the pond.


After dinner we watched the third game of the Stanley Cup finals that Florida won in overtime at 9:20.


We ate some of the new Mocha and cookies ice cream.


Suzette dozed and went to bed after the game and I stayed up to watch the the legal discussion about the indictments of Trump, which we will not know precisely until Trump submits to arrest on Tuesday afternoon in Miami Federal Court.


This is a great day and a terrible day for America.  The rule of law may hold an ex-president accountable of a crime and it also is terrible that a scammer like Trump had been supported by the Republicans.


I drank a cognac mixed with Grande Marnier in honor of the indictment as I watched the news after 10:00 and then went to bed.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment