Thursday, June 22, 2023

June 22, 2023 Lunch - Vietnam 2000 Dinner - Clafoutis

June 22, 2023 Lunch - Vietnam 2000  Dinner - Clafoutis 


I ate granola with yogurt, milk and grapes for breakfast.


At 11:45 when Suzette returned home we drove to Vietnam 2000.


Suzette ordered rice flour sheets with pork and egg rolls with fish sauce and I ordered banh, patted squares of vermicelli with lettuce leaves, basil, cilantro, a pile of fermented carrots and daikon, cucumber slices, and fish sauce.




Suzette had trouble separating multiple sheets and did not enjoy her dish.


I loved my dish I made lettuce wraps containing either a slice of grilled pork or a piece of egg roll or both with a square of patted vermicelli soaked in fish sauce with a slice of cucumber and cilantro and Thai basil with leaves of iceberg lettuce.


I loved the warm egg roll and pork in the cool lettuce with flavorful soaked vermicelli.


We were both hungry and cleaned our respective plates.


Suzette drank a glass of iced Vietnamese coffee.


Then we went home and I made a glass of Vietnamese coffee with 1/3 of a glass of brewed coffee, 1 T. of condensed milk, and the rest of the glass filled with ice and watched the market close. I was pleased that Amazon and Apple rose a bunch. This led to a .5% gain that allowed my portfolio to get back to within 13.33% of its all time high from being down 37% earlier this year.


When we returned home I worked for a while and clipped several roses and then a basket of fresh dill.


I then made Gravad lax by combining 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 tsp.of crushed black pepper, and 2/3 salt.  I then lay dill on all sides of two salmon fillets and spread the mixture on each of the inside and outside sides in a Pyrex baking dish,covered it with Saran and weighed the salmon down with a brick.






I then rested until 6:00 when we planned our trip to Spain until 9:30 when Suzette went to bed.


I looked at more places to stay on the Atlantic coast of Galicia and found a penthouse apartment in Cambados that looked good.


Then I ate a bowl of Clafoutis with a cup of chai and a sip of Calvados and blogged this entry and went to bed at 11:30.



Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment