Wednesday, June 14, 2023

June 14, 2023 Lunch - Padilla’s. Dinner - Le Troquet with Ken and Mary

 June 14, 2023 Lunch - Padilla’s. Dinner - Le Troquet with Ken and Mary


I awakened at 6:30 and dressed and ate a sautéed slice of onion, patty sausage, two eggs over easy and three small buttered slices of baguette with a cup of tea.


I dressed and then went out to the garden and helped Suzette weed the raised beds that she had been weeding for a while.


I then worked at my desk until 1:00 when I went to lunch with Mike at Padilla’s. He ordered chicken enchiladas with green chili.  I ordered beef enchiladas with red chili and double beans.


They have great sopapillas that are served with the meal.


My A1C ticked up, so I skipped the honey and filled a sopapilla with beans.  I loved the flat beef enchiladas with beans.


After lunch I went home so Suzette could go on her errands trip. 


I checked the market and was pleased that I received another day on a gain, mI guess the market turned back up when the fed did not raise interest rates today.  My gain was another .7%.


I am now almost 7/10 of the way back to the prior high and above the level at the end of the year two years ago finally.



At 6:00 Ken and Mary arrived and Suzette gave then a tour of the garden.  About 1/2 of the grape plants were putting out leaves, so we will have grapes this year.


I woke up at 4:00 and meditated from 4:15 to 4:45.


I then changed my shirt and then rode .92 mile until Ken and Mary came.


We inspected the garden and then met Ken and Mary at Le Troquet for dinner.


It was a thank you by Ken and amaryllis for helping them respond to an aggressive attorney who obtained a judgment against them to set it aside and get them a good Attorney to represent them that will be paid by their insurance company.


We ordered a pate Maison appetizer for e table and then each of us ordered an entree.  I ordered a bowl of steamed mussels in an excellent mustard cream sauce with French fries.  Suzette ordered scallops in a Tomato Provencal sauce, 

Mary ordered a sole Meunière and Ken ordered lamb riblets,


None of the dishes were great, although I liked my mussels.


Ken ordered a bottle of McManus Viognier and Mary ordered a glass of house Cabernet Sauvignon. Before the food arrived Ken ordered a glass of Sauvignon Blanc and when her food arrived Mary ordered a glass of the Sauvignon Blanc.  I loved the Viognier.  It was light crisp with a nice balance between acid and fruit.


We were finished by 8:00 and said good night.


We went home and walked about 1/2 mile a pond then watched news.


I drank a White Russian made with rum, Kahlua, milk, and ice.


Suzette went to bed at 9:00 and I went to bed at 10:30 after bloggingnthis entry.


Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment