Tuesday, June 13, 2023

June 13, 2023 Lunch - Pita Pocket sandwiches. Dinner - Arugula,nAsparagus, Smoked ham, and Burrata salad and clafoutis

 June 13, 2023 Lunch - Pita Pocket sandwiches. Dinner - Arugula,nAsparagus, Smoked ham, and Burrata salad and clafoutis 


I ate granola with milk, strawberries, and yogurt for breakfast.


Then I drove to my doctor’s appointment at 11,00.


After it, at 11:30 I drove to Cafe Istanbul and bought pickled lemon, labni, mint flavored yogurt drink, Tabouli, 2 meat pies, and a large can of dolmas for $40.00.


I then drove to Costco and filled up with gas and then drove home.


When I arrived at home it was 1:00 and indictment time for Trump.  There were no cameras allowed in the courtroom, so there were long periods of silence with occasional reports from reporters who had been in the courtroom.


I made two pita poker sandwiches with slices of salami, tzatziki, diced tomato, and Tabouli. Plus green and black olives, and pickled turnips and two dill pickles and a glass of yogurt drink.





The hearing lasted an hour and then there was lots of commentary.


At 2:30 I checked my stocks and found out I made another blunder selling 200 shares of Nvidia yesterday, because it rose another $17.00 today.


I had an okay day with an increase of .7%.


I walked around the block and when I returned lay down until Suzette arrived at 5:00.


She was hungry and wanted to make the new salad she devised and clafoutis.


I chopped 3 oz. of red onion, diced a Hormel smoked pork chop and cut six or seven stalks of asparagus into 1inch lengths. Suzette hardboiled four eggs and plated a pile of arugula in a pasta bowl, She then sliced a hard boiled egg and added it and sautéed the pork, onion, and asparagus and added them to the salad.  Finally suzette added 1/2 of a small burrata and drizzled a fig balsamic vinegar and olive dressing over green salad.






I was quite delicious with a glass of 2020 Berne rose from Cotes de Provence.

We swatched the first period of game five of the Stanley cup finals and soon Las Vegas was up 2 to 0 a the end of the first period at 7:00 so, ,I changed the channel to Finding your roots after dinner.


Suzette and I then pitted and cut in half four cups of fresh local cherries and Suzette made the clafoutis with two cups of heavy milk and 1 cup of heavy cream, three eggs, 7 T. of flour, and 10 T. of powdered sugar. And the four cups of pitted cherries.  The taste was excellent but the custard was lumpy rather than smooth and the flour still formed a crust on the bottom of the ceramic baking dish.




After finding your roots we turned it back to hockey and the game finished with Las Vegas winning the Stanley Cup by a score of 9 to 3.


We then worked on our trip to Spain until 10:00 when Suzette went to sleep and I blogged and read until 12:00.


Bon Appetit









No comments:

Post a Comment