Monday, June 5, 2023

June 5, 2023 Lunch - San Francisco Scramble Burrito Snack - Potstickers with Seaweed Salad. Dinner - Pita picket Sandwiches

 June 5, 2023 Lunch - San Francisco Scramble Burrito  Snack - Potstickers with Seaweed Salad. Dinner - Pita picket Sandwiches 


I awakened at 8:00. Suzette had awakened at 6:30 and weeded three sections of the garden.  I dressed but then Suzette came in after finishing her work and put on my compression socks and then left for work.


I ate a bowl of granola with milk, yogurt, and strawberries at 9:00.


I became infatuated with the Apple announcement meeting scheduled for 10:00 and the increase in the price of Apple stock. I watched the lead up to the meeting and then at 11:30 I walked around the block after which I became hungry again and heated the leftover San Francisco Scramble and toasted a flour tortilla on the gas stove and rolled the Scramble in the tortilla for lunch.


I then worked at my desk reading about 100 emails accumulated over the weekend until 2:30 and when I checked the Market close Apple and the tech stocks had plummeted and instead of what looked like a $3.50 gain in the morning Apple closed down $1.50 and my portfolio lost .67%.


At 3:00 I became hungry again and sautéed 11 potstickers and made a chili oil, soy, sesame oil, and sliced green onion dipping sauce and sliced a radish and put a pile of seaweed salad on a plate with the potstickers. I drank a Vietnamese iced coffee made with 1/2 cup of coffee, a T. of condensed milk, and ice.




I then lay down and watched news until 5:15.  Suzette came home at 4:15 and rested for a few minutes and then went to the garden to pull more weeds.


I went out at 5:30 and cut out several bull nettles growing in the side yard garden while Suzette weeded.


We came back in and started watching the second game of the Stanley Cup final.  Las Vegas again overwhelmed the Florida Panthers and won this game 7 to 2.


At 7:00 we decided to make pita pocket sandwiches for dinner.  Suzette sliced the PPI rib steak with some Napa cabbage and toasted 1 1/2 pita bread rounds in the microwave and sliced some red onion and 1/2 avocado, while I made tzatziki with a peeled, seeded, diced, and salted cucumber, a pressed clove of garlic, juice of one lemon, about 1/3 cup of minced dill and mint.


I also sliced a tomato into 16 thin slices.  We then filled the warm pita pockets with beef and cabbage, tomato, avocado, and red onion slices, and tzatziki.  I drank water with the meal and ate some cracked green olives and pickled beet spears.




Toward the end of the game I made a cup of chai and Suzette and I split the remaining 1/2 slice of carrot cake from our lunch yesterday at Sugar Nymphs.


Suzette then went to bed and I stayed up to watch TV and blog.


It was an interesting day of food with four small meals and one decent meal of potstickers spaced about three hours apart.


I felt better with less pain after I walked and that good feeling lasted the rest of the day.


Suzette’s hip is hurting but that does not keep her from working.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment