Thursday, June 15, 2023

June 15, 2023 Lunch - Meat Pie and Salad. Dinner - Sautéed Smoked Pork Chop with Pear and Apple Chutney and Cauliflower Couscous with Asparagus

June 15, 2023 Lunch - Meat Pie and Salad.  Dinner - Sautéed Smoked Pork Chop with Pear and Apple Chutney and Cauliflower Couscous with Asparagus


I have taken seriously combatting the rise in my A1C so I ate granola, milk, yogurt, and strawberries for breakfast.


Today was consumed by a visit to the Vein Restoration Clinic in the morning. After an ultrasound examination, I met Dr. Harding, a Southern gentleman educated at Columbia, who told me I had mild chronic poor pumping and I needed to pump my ankles or walk to strengthen my pumping muscles in my ankles.


At 11:30 when I finished my appointment I went home and at 12:30 made lunch.  I gathers about 1/3 of a basket of baby lettuce from the garden and added cup arugula and two leaves of romaine sliced and made a salad with a diced hard boiled egg, a sliced radish, slices of red onion, and handful of Moroccan dried black olives and added lemon juice and good olive oil to the jar of dressing and dressed the salad.  Then I heated a meat pie I bought at Cafe Istanbul and added labni as the attendant suggested and poured a glass of mint kefir for a Mediterranean lunch.



After lunch I checked the Market and was pleased with another .077% gain. Today was a strong gain in all indices with the Dow up 425 points and the S & P hitting 4525 points, which may be a new high for it, helped by the Fed not raising the discount rate for June that helped the rally spread to the broader market from the 7 big tech stocks.


I read some more land grant law and articles after lunch and then watched Ari and at 5:15 lay down for my nap after Suzette came home and we decided on sautéed smoked pork chops and I confirmed that I had bought a cauliflower that was in the garage.


Suzette awakened me at 6:15 with the explanation that she was ready to make apple and pear chutney to go with the sautéed pork chop.






I then sat at the table in the TV room where I could the news and cored, peeled, and thinly sliced four apples, three pears, and a piece of ginger that Suzette then added sugar, raisins, lemon juice, and water to and simmered.


Suzette also blended cauliflower flowerets in the blender down to couscous sized granules and sliced about ten asparagus stalks into 1 inch pieces and sautéed those in butter to make a vegetable couscous.


Suzette poured out the last of the Berne rose that Jim and Diane gave us and plated two plates with a sautéed pork chop laid on a pile of cauliflower and asparagus couscous and garnished with sautéed pear and apple chutney. We took our plates and glasses out to the table under the gazebo and ate a pleasant dinner as the evening cooled.




When we came in I watched a few minutes of Lawrence and went to bed to blog this entry at 8:45.


Suzette also boiled the crab broth and put it up in containers along with a container of the chutney.


So we cooked two new ingredients tonight besides a delicious dinner.


Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment