Sunday, March 11, 2018

March 9, 2018 Lunch –PPI Chicken Dumpling Soup. Dinner – Grilled Lamb Chops, Baked Potatoes, and Garden Salad


March 9, 2018 Lunch –PPI Chicken Dumpling Soup. Dinner – Grilled Lamb Chops, Baked Potatoes, and Garden Salad

The usual breakfast. I discussed dinner with a Suzette; grilled lamb chops, baked potatoes and steamed green beans was my suggestion.
I thawed out two frozen lamb chops.

At noon I heated the Soup from last night’s meal and added several more chicken and cilantro dumplings and a T. of red miso to the soup.  When it started boiling I ladled some into a bowl and added fresh cilantro and Hoisin Sauce.  I dipped the dumplings into a mixture of hoisin sauce and Sriracha for a spicy variation.  The soup was delicious, so I ate two bowls full, which was all of it.


At 2:25 after a record close of the market thanks to a good jobs report and President Trump’s Agreement to meet the leader of North Korea and a big gain for my portfolio I rode to Montano and back and felt good when I returned.]

I rested for a bit and then worked on the water case with Scott until 4:45.  I then went to the garden and picked 10 sprigs of chives and sliced them into thin slices to garnish the potatoes and fetched the crema from the garage fridge.

Suzette has come home early from work because of problems with the internet at her Center.  While I worked she started dinner by baking several potatoes and going to the garden and picking a basket full of lettuce.

When I joined her she had cleaned the lettuce, so I began slicing 1/3 cucumber, three or four radishes, two green onions and an avocado that we added the lettuce plus some steamed green beans to make a salad.

I refreshed the salad dressing by adding the juice of ½ lemon and some olive oil while suzette made cheese and opened a bottle of 2016 Domaine des Maisones Nueves, a Beaujolais produced in Appellation Chiroubles Controlee in the commun of Saint Lager in Burgundy.  I had never drunk this wine before and I was very favorably impressed by its light clean well balanced fruity flavor.  I think
I bought it at Total Wine.



We enjoyed the first salad with lettuce we grew in our garden.

After dinner I ate an orange and a few peanuts.

Later I watched the original “The a Day the Earth Stood Still”, which is just as powerful and impressive as it ever was.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment