Thursday, March 8, 2018

March 8, 2018 Lunch –Salad. Dinner – Calabacitas

March 8, 2018 Lunch –Salad. Dinner – Calabacitas

I tried to eat healthy today.  Yogurt, milk, blueberries, sliced banana, and granola for breakfast.

I made a salad for lunch with some of the red leaf lettuce I bought yesterday at El Super, an old avocado, two radishes sliced, two green onions sliced thinly, ½ cucumber sliced, and a Roma tomato diced dressed with a dressing from the fridge.

I also toasted a slice of Bosque Bakery Whole wheat bread and melted Manchego cheese slices onto it for a cheese sandwich.

I rode at 3:00 to Mountain Rd. The wind was blowing strongly out of the north.

For dinner I made Calabacitas.  I diced two small onions and five or six small cloves of garlic and sautéed them in a enamel casserole with olive oil and canola oil.  I then dip iced four Mexican squash and added them.  Then I cut the kernels off three ears of corn and added them to the casserole.

I went to the garden and picked a handful of fresh oregano, destemmed the leaves, chopped them and added the approximately 1/3 cup of oregano to the casserole.  I then diced a pork sirloin steak and two Roma tomatoes and added them to the casserole with 6 oz. of water, covered the casserole, and let the ingredients simmer for about 45 minutes.



Willy came at around 7:30 and Suzette joined us for bowls of Calabacitas.

I forgot to dice the poblano Chile and add it.

It was a bland but delicious dinner.

I am working my way through the vegetarian and near vegetarian dishes I like.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment