Thursday, March 8, 2018

March 7, 2018 Lunch – Amerasia Dinner – Chicken Soup


March 7, 2018 Lunch – Amerasia  Dinner – Chicken Soup

Today’s dinner is an example of how easy a healthy meal is to prepare.

I started the day with a bowl of granola with yogurt, milk, blueberries and banana slices.

Then at noon I met Aaron for lunch at Amerasia.  We agreed on five items from the cart: beef and water-chestnut dumplings, chicken and peanut dumplings in a thinner rice wrapper, pork and ginger dumplings, plus my usual Steamed buns stuffed with BBQ pork and sweet bean paste and tofu stuffed with shitake mushrooms and wood ear.

After lunch I drove to El Super for the Wednesday specials.  I bought 8 altaulfo mangos for 4 for $.99, onions for 5 lb. for $.99, a head of red leaf lettuce and an eggplant for $.99 each, Roma tomato
es for 2 lb. for $.89, Mexican Squash, green beans, and lemons for $.99/lb., a papaya and oranges for $.50/lb., avocados and white corn for 3 for $.99 and carrots for 4 lb. for $.99. I then bought a gallon of milk for $1.99 and  went to the fish department and bought medium shrimp for $5.99/lb. and squid for $3.99/lb. (an amazing and totally different shopping experience from the Giant supermarket in E Town two days ago).

I returned home a bit after 3:00 and after unloading the groceries at 4:00 I rode to Rio Bravo and back.

I then got a message from Todd requesting an advance on our meditation time to 5:45.  I made a peanut butter and honey sandwich and a cup of sweet lime water and honey for me and Suzette and drove to the Friends Meeting Hall.  I asked Suzette what she wanted for dinner and she mumbled, “chicken Soup”.

When we finished at 6:45 I drove to Lowe’s and bought two fresh chicken thighs for $1.89 and drove home.

I put water and the two thighs and some Knorr dehydrated chicken stock in a large casserole and chopped and added two stalks of celery, a small onion, and a carrot.  I then sliced and added three mushrooms and a small amount of dried seaweed.  I then added five leaves of Napa cabbage sliced and de-boned and diced it and added it back to the soup. Finally I chopped ½ bunch of cilantro and two green onions and added them to the soup along with a dash of sesame oil.

It did not take more than twenty minutes to make a lovely French style chicken soup, although I let it cook for thirty minutes and then added chicken and cilantro dumplings I bought at Costco in the thinner rice wrappers.



We enjoyed a warm healthy dinner and then I watched the news until 9:00 and went to bed.

I bought stuff for calabacitas and ratatouille, so we will be eating vegetable stews for a while, plus fruit salad.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment