Wednesday, March 14, 2018

March 14, 2018 Lunch – The Range. Dinner – PPI Roasted Cornish Game Hen with sautéed onion , potato, and spinach


March 14, 2018 Lunch – The Range. Dinner – PPI Roasted Cornish Game Hen with sautéed onion , potato, and spinach

I did something heroic today.  When I went with Max to The Range for lunch I abandoned all tradition and devotion to culture and ordered a Chef’s Salad instead of Chicken fried steak.  This is the ultimate commitment to the new regime of leafy green vegetables instead of the appetite for greasy fried food from my Texas upbringing.

Max ordered a bowl of green chili stew.

After lunch I took two paintings to Ari for conservation and on the way back stopped at Café Istanbul, where I purchased, pita bread, pickled Labne in garlic, dried Moroccan black olives, a jar of cracked green olives in herbs, tahini, and chocolate halavah.

When I returned home a bit before 5:00 I made a snack plate with a tomato sliced into wedges, a dill pickle, several green olives and several black dried olives, a pita, and two balls of labne.  I made a wine spritzer by adding some club soda to some PPI mulled wine from the Christmas party.  I made small sandwiches by tearing off pieces of pita, opening them and  stuffing tomato wedges, pieces of pickle and labne into the pita pockets.

At 5:45 I went to meditate.

When I returned a bit before 7:00 Suzette was at home and had had a snack.  Neither of us were particularly hungry or interested in cooking.

Instead of grilling the two ribeye steaks  I had thawed out, Suzette put together a hasty dinner by heating the PPI lemon and rosemary stuffed roasted game hens and chopping up three previously baked potatoes to which I added a small chopped onion and she  sautéed in the same sauté pan we used last night.  I fetched the bag of spinach we bought at Costco from the garage and de-stemmed a small pile of spinach leaves that we added to the sautéing potatoes and onion for a quick vegetable accompaniment for the microwaved game hens.

I fetched a bottle of French apple cider from the garage for our drink.

After dinner I drank several cups of tea and ate several bites of Nutella from the jar.

We switched back and forth between the Locally produced PBS programs “Painting Santa Fe” and later “Painting Taos” and the latest political revelations on the national news programs until 10:00 when we went to bed.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment