Friday, March 23, 2018

March 21, 2018 Lunch – Polish Dog at Costco. Dinner – seared Salmon on pistachio sorrel pesto with Cauliflower carrot Couscous

March 21, 2018 Lunch – Polish Dog at Costco. Dinner – seared Salmon on pistachio sorrel pesto with Cauliflower carrot Couscous.

I had a whole wheat everything bagel with cream cheese, red onion slices, Gravad Lax and capers with a cup of Earl Grey tea.


Then Iwent to a seminar on evidence.  At the lunch break I drove to Costco and ate a quick Polish Dog.

When the seminar ended at 4:30 I drove to El Super for their Wednesday produce specials.  I bought yellow onions at 5 lb. fo $.99, Red onions for 3 lb. for $.99, green onion for $25/bunch, 3 mangos for $.99, Roma tomatoes, oranges, pineapple, papaya, poblano chili’s were all 2 lb. for $.99, cauliflower and green beans for $.99/ lb. and ½ lb. of mushrooms for $.99.  The highest priced produce was Mexican limes for $1.39/lb..  I also bought yogurt for $2.69 for 32 oz. and a gallon of milk for $2.25.  I bought three chicken quarters for $.69/lb., a dozen medium eggs for $1.39, 10 lb. of russet potatoes for $1.99, and smoked pork chops for $2.99//lb.

I drove home and put the meat and dairy in the fridge and went to meditate at 6:00.

When meditation ended a little before 7:00 I returned home.  Suzette decided to make cauliflower and carrot Couscous by processing about 1 lb. of cauliflower and 1 carrot in the Cuisinart and then sautéing it in a large skillet with a handful of dried cranberries and salt and pepper.

I poured out the rest of the 2016 Clos Crapon Chenin Blanc and Suzette laid a puddle of pesto on each plate, then a seared salmon filet and Couscous on the side


We ate a lovely dinner.  I love spontaneous creative dishes like the cauliflower Couscous with cranberries.  Cranberries is our favorite complement to salmon, so Suzette found a way to creatively add cranberries to the meal.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment