Friday, September 8, 2017

September 6, 2017 Lunch – East Ocean Dinner – Roasted Chicken with Boiled and Sautéed Peruvian Blue Potatoes and Catalan Sautéed Chard and Purslane, pinon, and Apple

September 6, 2017 Lunch – East Ocean Dinner – Roasted Chicken with Boiled and Sautéed Peruvian Blue Potatoes and Catalan Sautéed Chard and Purslane, pinon, and Apple

Today I ate a slice of Nativo bread smeared with goat cheese garnished with slices of Leyden cheese with a cup of Earl Grey tea.

I went to Trader Joe’s at 11:30 and bought 72% chocolate, artichokes a bottle of V.S. cognac and twelve bottles of wine ranging in price from $4.99 to $17.99.  I then did one of my favorite lunches,  MooGoo Gai Pan at East Ocean without rice and with sweet and sour chicken with tea.


At 5:00 I snacked on a peanut butter and honey sandwich on Nativo bread with a cup of tea and then went to meditate.

When I returned home at 7:00 it was still light so I went to the garden and picked a basket full of chard and then went to the driveway and picked seven or eight sprigs of purslane.

I de-stemmed and chopped the chard leaves into bite sized pieces and stripped the larger leaves from the sprigs of purslane and washed them under cold water.

I then sautéed 1/3 cup of  piñon nuts, 1minced shallot, and 1 apple diced into ½ inch chunks.  When the shallot and apple softened and the nuts took on color we added the chard and purslane and stirred the ingredients and covered the large skillet with the wok cover to wilt the chard.  Suzette cut the two keg thighs of the roasted chicken she brought from her Greenhouse Bistro and bakery and heated the PPI Sautéed Peruvian purple potatoes

Before I left to meditate I put a bottle of Famille Perrin Reserve White Cote Du Rhone into the fridge to chill that I had bought at Trader Joe’s today for $8.99. The 2016 tastes really wonderful with its blend of Grenache Blanc, Viognier,  Roussanne, and Marsanne grapes.  I will buy more of this wine.

The Catalan Chard was delicious with its fruit and nut flavors. We watched Rachel Maddow and the path of Irma during dinner.  Seems like folks will start acknowledging the impact of global warming on ocean temperatures with two huge hurricanes in the same number of weeks hitting the U.S.

Had a piece of 72% chocolate that I bought at Trader Joe’s with Calvados after dinner.

We went to bed at 9:30.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment