Tuesday, September 19, 2017

September 19, 2017 Lunch – Salad and a PPI Meal Sauce Stuffed Patty Pan squash. Dinner – Green Mole Casserole


September 19, 2017 Lunch – Salad and a PPI Meal Sauce Stuffed Patty Pan squash.  Dinner – Green Mole Casserole

 I toasted 1/2 bagel and smeared it with cream cheese and laid whitefish on it and ate it with a cup of tea.  I then went to court at 9:00.

At lunch I wanted a salad, but we had slim pickings. I used some romaine and cut up a dill pickle because we had no regular cucumber, I sliced the last two radishes and the last green onion.  Then added some prosciutto and Dubliner cheese.  I heated the PPI stuffed Patty Pan squash and poured a glass of Aquino Chianti and enjoyed lunch as I started reading the New Yorker article on Ken Burns, the film documentarian.

At 4:00 Suzette came home with package of two salmon filets and a bag of asparagus.  I made teriyaki sauce and marinated the filets in a freezer bag filled with teriyaki sauce after cutting the matching Center sections off for Gravad lax.

We decided to go to TaLin at 5:40 to buy crystallized ginger, shallots, and dill.  There was only shallots, so I will need to improvise for the Gravad Lax.

We wanted to use up the green mole, so Suzette decided to make a green mole casserole.  I peeled and thinly sliced two chayote squash while Suzette chopped and sautéed some onion, garlic, and slices of portobello mushrooms.  She then stripped the skins, stems, and seeds from some roasted green chili she brought home.  She filled a baking dish with layers of chayote slices, sour cream, green mole with pork, black beans and masa, then the onion, garlic, and mushrooms, more chayote slices, and finally grated cheddar and Monterrey jack cheese and baked the casserole in a 350 degree oven for an hour.

Starting at 7:00 we watched the third episode of the Vietnam War on PBS.  At about 8:15 we ate dinner with a bottle each of Negra Modelo.  The casserole looked terrible, but tasted great.  I ate two portions and I was not hungry, because I had eaten a peanut butter and honey sandwich at 5:30 before we left for TaLin.

The casserole

It was fun to convert a PPI into an interesting dish, thanks to Suzette.  Now we have a PPI casserole that should last the rest of the week.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment