Thursday, September 14, 2017

September 13, 2017 Lunch – PPI Squash noodles and Spaghetti Sauce Dinner – PPI Green Mole with Pork on Mashed Potatoes with Steamed Broccoli

September 13,  2017 Lunch – PPI Squash noodles and Spaghetti Sauce
Dinner – PPI Green Mole with Pork on Mashed Potatoes with Steamed Broccoli

Today was very repetitive.  I ate a piece of toasted Nativo bread smeared with goat cheese and garnished with whitefish and tea for breakfast and then we rode to Rio Bravo and back.  Suzette made us each a bowl of yogurt with granola and fresh blueberries and pears, which I ate when I returned from the ride.

For lunch I reheated the last of the squash noodles that we made last night topped with several scoops of the meat and mushroom spaghetti sauce I made yesterday.


Today' lunch looked a lot like yesterday's dinner

Suzette worked late, so I made a snack of a peanut butter and honey open faced sandwich on nine grain bread and rabbit pate’ on a small piece of toasted and buttered Nativo wholewheat bread before going to meditate.

I asked Suzette if she needed anything from Lowe’s and she said, “Potatoes”, so we could eat the PPI Green Mole with Pork over mashed potatoes when I returned home from meditating.

We have come to the conclusion that potatoes, especially when cooked with the skin on, are healthy enough to be on the diet.  So when I returned with a 5 lb. bag of russet potatoes Suzette selected six for boiling, which I cubed and put in a pot and covered with water and brought to a boil and fifteen minutes later  Suzette tested them and declared them cooked and mixed them with their skins on in the Kitchenaid with milk and butter with the addition of a bit of salt.  Willy called soon after I returned home at 8:00.  He had not eaten so we invited him to join us for dinner, especially since he had not tried my Green Mole.

When I took the Green Mole from the fridge in its casserole it had solidified to a thick paste-like consistency due to the thickening of the corn meal, so I added 20 oz. of water and Suzette stirred it to loosen it into a light creamy sauce again, while I went to the garage and fetched another Negra Modelo for Willy and the broccoli I bought at El Super last Wednesday.

I de-flowered a stalk of broccoli, washed the flowers under water and placed them in the steamer basket, filled the basket with enough water to steam and put them on the high double burner to steam.

Willy arrived just as Suzette finished whipping the mashed potatoes and the broccoli was steamed, so we asked him to open two Negras, since Suzette was wanting to share one beer with me and I stirred the casserole of green mole to keep the bottom from sticking.

The casserole of green mole

Suzette then plated three pasta bowls with a pile of mashed potatoes and we each served ourselves green mole and steamed broccoli.

We enjoyed the dinner and talked until a bit after 9:00 when Willy left, I went to bed to read the newest issue of The New Yorker and Suzette watched her favorite TV show, “American Pickers”.

We al, enjoyed the filling delicious diner.  Let’s not forget that the Green Mole had in it cubed chayote, black beans, and cornmeal, so it was an ultimate comfort food with the addition of mashed potatoes.

Now that we have potatoes, we probably will prepare either hamburgers or steak with baked potatoes with a vegetable tomorrow evening.

Off to El Super or Sprouts tomorrow for more fresh ingredients.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment