Saturday, September 23, 2017

September 20, 2017 Lunch – East Ocean. Dinner – Cedar Plank Grilled Teriyaki Salmon with Broccoli and Cauliflower Couscous, Asparagus, and Rice

September 20, 2017 Lunch – East Ocean.  Dinner – Cedar Plank Grilled Teriyaki Salmon with Broccoli and Cauliflower Couscous, Asparagus, and Rice

I ate ½ of a bagel smeared with cream cheese on which I laid chunks of whitefish with a cup of coffee hot chocolate.



At 12:15 I drove to East Ocean to meet Aaron for lunch.  He ordered sweet and sour chicken (batter dipped chicken supremes that were then cut into sections and doused with that ubiquitous red sweet and sour sauce).  I actually am fond of that dish also and ordered it as my side dish with Moo Goo Gai Pan, which is about ten different canned and fresh vegetables stir fried with strips of chicken and tossed in a thickened soy and chicken stock sauce.

We then met with Karim regarding VinDacia until almost 3:00 and afterwards we stopped at Trader Joe’s where I bought artichokes, yogurt, cognac, ruby port, two bottles of Chateau Rouvier, two bottles of 2016 Carayon Rose’, two bottles of La Granja Viura/Verdejo blend, a bottle of Aquino Chianti Riserva, and a bottle of Tuatea New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.

I drove home, called a Suzette, who was busy, and then rode to Montano and back.

I changed back into my clothes and went to meditation from 6:00 until about 6:55.

I returned home just in time to see the beginning of episode four of the Vietnam War series on PBS.

Suzette already had dinner in motion.  She had deflowered some cauliflower and broccoli and chopped it into small pieces resembling couscous in the Cuisinart and had put it in a large skillet with heated butter and olive oil to cook.

She then sliced the ends off about twenty thin stalks of asparagus and put them in the steamer with water.

Then she soaked a 1x6 inch cedar plank and lay the salmon filets that we had marinated in teriyaki sauce for about 28 hours and grilled them on the propane grill.

The salmon might have been over marinated because the skin did not crisp, but the flesh was as succulently tender as any I have ever eaten.




While a Suzette was grilling on the patio, I stirred the couscous to cook it evenly, steamed the asparagus, and re-heated the PPI cooked rice.

Willy joined us for dinner.  He and Suzette drank water and I drank a glass of tonic water with the juice of ½ lime mixed in.

We watched Vietnam until the episode ended at 9:00 and then went to bed.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment