Monday, August 7, 2017

August 7, 2017 Lunch – Amerasia, Dinner – sautéed scallops, steamed baby squash and creamed spinach

August 7, 2017 Lunch – Amerasia,  Dinner – sautéed scallops, steamed baby squash and creamed spinach

I ate yogurt, granola, fruit salad and milk at 10:00

I went to the bank and then Amerasia for lunch.  There was disarray in the kitchen and service but I was able to be served four wonderful Bao su, which I dipped in Chile sauce mixed with soy sauce for a wonderful $7.90 lunch that completely satisfied me.

We had thawed out the pound of scallops I had bought at Sprouts for $9.95/lb. last week and I had bought an additional bunch of spinach at El Super on Friday for $.79, so we decided to make creamed spinach and steam the handful of baby squash that Suzette brought home from the Center for Ageless Living’s organic garden on Friday.

Last night when we were talking about sautéing scallops I chilled a bottle of Wellington Vineyard 2013 Marsanne.  I thought it would be interesting to drink a rich Cotes Du Rhone varietal with the rich scallops.

I diced 1/3 of a medium onion and Suzette pressed two cloves of garlic and we put those ingredients in the wok with butter and grapeseed oil.  When the onion was softened I added nutmeg, ¼ tsp. of salt, ¼ tsp. Of paprika, and ½ bunch of spinach.  We cooked the spinach dish covered with the wok cover until the spinach wilted.  Then Suzette added half and half and cooked the spinach a minute or two more.

Willy arrived as we were cooking.  Suzette then plated our plates with creamed spinach and then scallops and steamed squash.


We loved dinner but it was not the coordinated dinner that we had eaten last night.  It was more two different dishes; creamed spinach with scallops and another dish of steamed squash.  Both were delicious low calorie meals, but I liked the dish last night better.

After dinner we watched a video of Pulisic the young phenomenal soccer player from Hershey, Pennsylvania and then we finished the cobbler from last night and did Willy’s taxes and talked about business.

Willy left at 9:00.  I did a little work and then began blogging at 9:30.

Suzette went to bed at 10:00.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment