Thursday, August 3, 2017

August 2, 2017. Lunch – Taj Mahal. Dinner – steamed Yellow squash with Mushroom and ground beef spaghetti sauce

 August 2, 2017. Lunch – Taj Mahal.  Dinner – steamed Yellow squash with Mushroom and ground beef spaghetti sauce

Today was another busy day.  I started with signing documents for the sale of the land in California, then I met Aaron and Karin for lunch at Taj Mahal.  I love the clean week seasoned food at the Taj.  Today there was a new dish, chicken curry with broccoli, plus chickpea dahl.  I got my usual, tandoori chicken, onions, tamarind sauced meatballs, saag, and the broccoli curry plus riata.

The line of dishes at Taj Mahal.
After lunch I went to FedEx to overnight the signed documents to the title company in California and then went to a meeting at 1:30.

I had not slept well so I went home and napped from 3:00 to 4:00.

I listened to Mad Money for a few minutes and then went with a Willy to a meeting with his apartment to straighten out his apartment lease.

After the meeting we went next door to the Monk’s Table Taproom at 3rd and Silver.  Willy drank a beer and I drank a Boxing Bear apple cider.




I then went to meditate from which I returned home at 7:00.
When I returned home I heated the spaghetti sauce I made last night and Suzette cooked the sliced yellow squash she had sliced with a vegetable peeler.

Willy arrived a little after 7:00.

I went to the basement to find a bottle of Chianti, but instead found a bottle of 2009 Sangiovese from Umbria named La Carrara from that I thought needed to be drunk, since it was 8 years old.  It was delicious and poured glasses of it.  Suzette plated the steamed  squash and I ladled spaghetti sauce onto them and we took our plates and glasses of wine to the garden.  The evening was cool and we enjoyed a pleasant meal in the garden.  We are advancing our low carb diet by substituting steamed squash slices for pasta and it gives the dish a less heavy texture and is more wonderful when the squash is fresh from the garden as this yellow squash was.  It was grown in Suzette’s organic garden at the Center for Ageless Living.




Later I opened the container of Brie I had bought about 1 month ago and ate a piece of Brie with the last of the wine and then a piece of chocolate with a cup of tea and a shot of grappa.

The cheese had aged nicely and was very pleasant and slightly creamy without and nutty or ammonia flavor.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment