Thursday, August 17, 2017

August 16, 2017 Lunch –Azuma. Dinner – Sautéed Red Trout and Medley of Shrimp, Squash, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, shallot, onion, and Verde Lagos

August 16, 2017 Lunch –Azuma.  Dinner – Sautéed Red Trout and Medley of Shrimp, Squash, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, shallot, onion, and Verde Lagos

Today was busy, eventful, and fun.

I started by riding to Rio Bravo and back, but forgot to eat before I rode so I became a little over tired which meant my muscles hurt a bit more than usual.  When I returned home I ate a large bowl full of blueberries, yogurt, granola, and milk.

I then transferred most of the $197,000 to pay off my line of credit which made me debt free.

I got a call from Rahim to join him, his mother (Mary) and Dad (Nizar) for lunch at Azuma at 12:30.  We both arrived at the same time and took a booth in the sushi side of the restaurant.  Mary ordered teppan fried rice with filet mignon, Nizar ordered teppan fried rice with shrimp, and Rahim and I ordered Chirashi Donburi with my twelve favorite pieces of raw seafood and octopus.  A new person made it and put a pile of seaweed salad on it.  I ate half and avoided the seaweed salad to make sure that I would take that home in a box for Suzette.

We celebrated the sale of the land in California.  Nizar and I have been partners in that deal for the last twelve years and have never had a distribution and had to put money in to carry the investment.  The great news that gave us cause to celebrate was that we got all of our investment back and a small profit, we were happy.  The second reason for getting together soon became apparent, which was to


determine the distribution for Amin, our Canadian partner in the deal, who is Mary’s brother.  They had his phone number and connected us by phone and soon we agreed that I would distribute his share less a potential tax withholding of 30%, so after lunch we went to Wells Fargo bank, where I obtained a counter check and wrote the check for his share and handed it to Rahim for delivery to Amin.  We were all happy at lunch and Nizar said we should do another deal together, which made me happy that they were satisfied with me as a partner.

After lunch I went home and finished editing an Errata pleading for the LRG water case while iI nibbled on the other half of my sashimi lunch until Suzette came home at 4:00.  She had not eaten lunch, so she finished the sushi rice and seaweed salad and a couple of pieces of fish I had left for her.

We then cleared all the items left in the right hand bay in the garage sufficiently to drive Suzette’s car into the garage.  This was the first time in quite a while that both cars were in the garage and the driveway empty (the truck broke down in Los Lunas and the Prius is loaned to Willy and parked in the underground parking lot at his apartments.

I sent the pleading to my client for final review at 6:00 and joined Suzette in the kitchen.  We are leaving town in the morning so have cleaned out most of the old food from the refrigerator.  We decided to use what was left, which was the PPI shrimp, squash and tomato dish and sauté it with about seven or eight mushrooms, four tomatoes and a shallot.  The Verde Lagos in our driveway is blooming and is beautiful, so Suzette wanted to add some of it.  So while I sliced and diced the mushrooms, shallot, three cloves of garlic, and tomatoes, she went to our driveway and picked a small basket full of Verde Lagos.

We sautéed the ingredients and while they were cooking separated the leaves of Verde Lagos from their stems and then added the PPI shrimp dish and Verde Lagos to heat.  While that was cooking



Suzette dusted the two ¼ lb. pieces of Red Trout I had bought at Lowe’s (at an outrageous price of $12.99/lb.) in a mixture of flour, salt, and pepper and then sautéed in a cast iron skillet in heated butter and olive oil.

I went to the basement and got a bottle of Nessi Albariño, but when I opened it, it had turned to sherry.  So, I finally decided on a bottle if 2016 Carayon La Rose’ (Trader Joe’s $4.99 that balances tannins and fruit and is rather dry that garners a rating of 81. My favorite under $5.00 rose’ this year.).  I chilled the wine in the freezer for a few minutes and then poured glasses of it for dinner and we each added ice to chill it to about 50 degrees.

     


The meal was a complete success.  We both loved the combination of vegetables and tender shrimp and sautéed red trout.  I was still sore so I went of the low carb diet an twisted a piece of French baguette to dip into the sauce.

We liked the wine and since we were leaving, we finished it. I toasted another two slices of baguette and smeared them with butter and slices of Brie cheese.


At 8:30 we texted and called Aaron , who came over to pick up a check for the loan I agreed to make to our new wine importing company.

So I figure I was totally debt free for one day.

I then did the final edit on the errata pleading and filed it at 9:30 and went to bed.  Suzette joined me at 10:00.

She had a huge day also, mostly spent questioning State officials about the State’s long term care funding policies at a State meeting.

Bob Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment