Friday, August 4, 2017

August 3, 2017 Lunch – East Ocean. Dinner – Sautéed Teriyaki Aji Tuna with Stir Fried Spinach and Onion

August 3, 2017 Lunch – East Ocean. Dinner – Sautéed Teriyaki Aji Tuna with Stir Fried Spinach and Onion

Our diet is evolving quickly toward protein and vegetables, today was a good example.

I toasted ½ bagel for breakfast and smeared it with the last of the cream cheese and garnished it with slices of onion and Gravad Lax.  I ate ½ of the half and then we rode briskly north to Campbell Rd. and back at 7:00 because Suzette had a 9:00 meeting in Los Lunas.

I then revised the Reply for the Water case appeal to the Court of Appeals by 11:30 when I got hungry and drove to East Ocean and ate an entire plate of Moo Goo Gai Pan and Sweet and Sour Chick



I then returned home and finished the reply and drove to the Court of Appeals in Albuquerque to file it.  After filing the Reply I drove to Sprouts because I had seen in its weekly brochure that is mailed to me that it was offering scallops for $9.95/lb. and Aji tuna steaks for $7.99/lb.  I called Suzette from the COA parking lot and her preference was the tuna, so I bought a lb. of scallops and two nice tuna steaks that weighed just over 1 lb.  I looked at the vegetables and saw that large bunches of fresh spinach were on sale for $.99, so I bought a bunch and bought milk.

I then drove home and made an easy teriyaki sauce at 3:30.

Easy Teriyaki Sauce

1/3 cup each soy, Aji Mirin, and sake and 1 T. of sugar heated until the sugar dissolves.

I let the teriyaki Sauce cool in the fridge for a few minutes and the put it and the tuna filets into a sandwich bag and put them into the fridge to marinate and then worked on the arrangements for the August 15th mediation of a commercial dispute of one of my corporate clients.  I then rested and read O Pioneers by Willa Cather until Suzette came home at 5:45.  We were both hungry so we decided to cook an early dinner.

I talked to Willy and told him we were going to make Squash Lasagna tomorrow evening at 5;30 and then Suzette and I decided to cook an early dinner.

We noted to each other an increase in energy, appetite, and stamina apparently due to our new regime of diet and exercise.  We also are losing weight and feeling better. Much of the pain in my hip area is gone.

Suzette decided to stir fry crispy spinach and onion with peanuts.  I sliced ½ small onion and three cloves of garlic while a Suzette cut off the spinach stems and cleaned the bunch of spinach in a sink of cool water and I shelled and crushed ¼ cup peanuts.  She then heated olive oil, peanut oil, and sesame oil in the wok and stir fried the onion and garlic, then added the spinach and finally the peanuts, while she was searing the tuna steaks in a cast iron skillet.  I fetched the PPI Matua Sauvignon Blanc that Susan brought us and poured glasses of it. Suzette set the table and plated a pile of stir fried spinach and then lay the seared tuna steaks on the spinach.


We enjoyed out early meal of tuna and stir fried spinach, onions, and peanuts.  We both ate some clafoutis after dinner and I had a cup of tea with mine.  We still had energy so we went to the garden and weeded some of the garden and pulled out the snow pea bushes that had greatly diminished in their production until it became dark around 8:00.

I went to bed around 8:30

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment