Saturday, March 25, 2017

March 23, 2017 Vichyssoise and cheesy bread Dinner Reuben Sandwiches and salad with egg salad

March 23, 2017 Vichyssoise and cheesy bread  Dinner Reuben Sandwiches and salad with egg salad

Last night after Willy left Suzette made egg salad with fresh dill from our garden, chopped eggs, mayonnaise and a touch of olive oil.

This morning I boiled the four medium artichokes I bought at Trader Joe’s last week.

I also sold 200 shares of Apple at $142.71, just before the market went into a slight nose dive, which was the high for the week. Bravo.

Today I am filing a docketing statement, so I am at the computer until 2:00, when I take the 118 page docketing statement on a flash memory stick to be copied and file it at the Court of Appeals.  I took a
March 23, 2017 Vichyssoise and cheesy bread  Dinner Reuben Sandwiches and salad with egg salad

Last night after Willy left Suzette made egg salad with fresh dill from our garden, chopped eggs, mayonnaise and a touch of olive oil.

This morning I boiled the four medium artichokes I bought at Trader Joe’s last week.

I also sold 200 shares of Apple at $142.71, just before the market went into a slight nose dive, which was the high for the week. Bravo.

Today I am filing a docketing statement, so I am at the computer until 2:00, when I take the 118 page docketing statement on a flash memory stick to be copied and file it at the Court of Appeals.  I took a break to eat a bowl of Vichyssoise around noon with a piece of rye bread with melted Cypress Grove aged goat cheese.

I am free by 3:00 so I go to Pastian’s and hit pay dirt.  No one has bought the day old breads.  I buy a loaf each of German Kommisarbrod rye, a loaf of whole wheat sandwich, and a loaf of Nine grain sandwich plus a chocolate cake decorated for St. Patrick’s Day.  The loaves of bread were $.75 each and the cake was $6.50.

Then I went to Costco and bought Worcestershire sauce, and a few other items, like conditioner.p and find another super deal, large wedges of fresh Jarlsberg cheese on sale for $5.99/lb. less a coupon discount of $4.30, so I buy a wedge costing $11.74, which ends up making the cost of the cheese less than $4.00/lb. But the real value is that this is a huge promotion including tons of fresh Jarlsberg.  Fresh Jarlsberg is creamy and melts in your mouth.  You can almost imagine being at the factory in Norway where it is made when you eat a slice of fresh Jarlsberg.  So I go home and make a melted cheese sandwich with the fresh Jarlsberg on a slice of fresh nine grain bread and experience a moment of food ecstasy.

I then file my docketing statement with the district court an serve the judge, the court reporter, and opposing counsel, which is done electronically now, so is easy.  Then I rest until Mike arrives around 6:00. We have no special menu except Suzette asked me to get rye bread for Reuben sandwiches, so she is thrilled to see the m heavy German rye bread.  Suzette brings the bucket of corned beef and cabbage in and heats a pot of it for sandwiches.  We decide to V. Fc eat fresh salad with our  Reuben sandwiches garnishes with a bit of egg salad.  Mike does not want Reuben so I offer him a bowl of Vichyssoise plus the PPI shrimp in penne with sorrel sauce.  We open the bottle of 2012 Guigal Cote du Rhone which is a lovely smooth blend.  Average price seems to be from $12.00 to $14.00.  I just discovered that if you insert a known bottle of wine, such as 2012!Guigal Cotes Du Rhone Google will aggregate all the advertised prices for the wine from all over the world on one page, by price in descending order. Pretty cool.

We enjoy a lovely meal made from PPIs and a couple of new items, such as the egg salad.

The German Kommisarbrod is a little irregular in shape. Suzette toasts the slices of rye bread in a skillet with butter, then spreads mayonnaise on the bread, then adds slices of Jarlsberg and shredded corn beef and cabbage and then heats the composed sandwiches in the skillet to melt the cheese and fuse the ingredients into a hot sandwich.  They are small, so she makes two each for her and me. Suzette calls the smaller ill shaped sandwiches “sliders”, which they are.

I thinly slice some chives for Mike’s vichyssoise and we compose salads with diced tomato and egg salad and a drizzle of Cesar salad dressing.

The wine is lovely, very soft and drinkable.  I am thinking about going by Jubilation to see if they have more.

After dinner we drink cognacs and eat fresh St. Patrick’s Day chocolate cake with scoops of chocolate chocolate brownie ice cream I bought yesterday at Lowe’s with a box of double chocolate filled chocolate Duos, which are a cheaper knock off of Oreos.

At 9:00 we say good night.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment