Thursday, March 2, 2017

March 2, 2017 Lunch - Taj Mahal. Dinner - Lamb Pot Pie and blanched string beans

March 2, 2017  Lunch – Taj Mahal,  Dinner – Lamb Pot Pie from Greenhouse Bistro and Bakery

Yesterday I ate PPI shrimp Scampi and spaghetti with pesto that we made February 27, 2017 for lunch and dinner and meditated in the evening.

The last few days I have eaten mango yogurt, granola, diced cantaloupe, milk, and mango for breakfast.  Today Mike Verhagen contacted me and we went to lunch at Taj Mahal.  Shamiz greeted us and we compared notes.  He told us his son liked New York and was accepted at Hofstra on Long Island.  We are all getting older.  I congratulated him.

I enjoyed lunch, especially the saag paneer and tandoori chicken.

Mike told me about his trip to Marrakech with Kathryn and that he was issued a global tourist pass by the U.S.  After lunch he was kind enough to send me the link to the website to apply.

I worked until 5:30, while drinking cups of chai.  We had decided this morning to eat the lamb pot pie given to Suzette by the kitchen staff at the Greenhouse Bistro.  We cut it in half and heated it in the microwave and I de-stemmed a handful of string beans I bought at Sprouts on Wednesday along with two more bunches of fresh asparagus that are $.98/lb. this week and four North Atlantic 4 to 5 oz. lobster tails that are on sale for $4.99 each this week, which we also froze along with the six brats we had thawed.

I cooked the string beans in a Pyrex pie dish with a little water and a squeeze of sweet lime for about three minutes to cook them and fetched the two open bottles of red wine, ½ bottle of Famille Perrin Reserve Cotes Du Rhone and ¼ bottle of Recas red wine.

We ate an early dinner and then watched an hour documentary on U.S. Congressman John Lewis, who was a civil rights activist in the 50’s and 60’s with Martin Luther King, Jr. and president of Student Negro Nonviolence Committee.  He is a real American hero.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment