Friday, March 17, 2017

March 15, 2017 Lunch – Azuma. Dinner - Hamburger Patties with string beans and sautéed onion.

March 15, 2017  Lunch – Azuma. Dinner - Hamburger Patties with string beans and sautéed onion.

The best thing that happened today is that the tenants at 524 Romero paid the rest and told me they were moving in to start their restaurant at the end of the month.  I was so thrilled I went to Azuma for a Chirashi Donburi lunch.  At $14.95 with a 10% discount for their VIP club and the ability to select the twelve pieces of seafood, it is the best sashimi value in town.  I requested and the new Chef put seaweed salad on my sushi rice this time.  I loved the cool fresh raw fish with the flavorful slightly sweet and vinegary sushi rice served as part of the dish.

I took home half of my lunch and drove to Fano Bakery on Mcleod and bought a fresh baguette for $3.00.

I rode to Campbell Road at 5:30.  When I returned home I found Suzette tired curled up in her chair watching TV.  I volunteered to cook.  I took two hamburgers out of the freezer and put them into the microwave for 4 minutes at 4 power to thaw and I overcooked them.  Suzette then informed me that the microwave has a defrost setting.  So I sliced an onion and sautéed it as Suzette de-stemmed a handful of haricot vert string beans.  I asked the string beans to the skillet with the onion slices and finally reheated the hamburgers with the other ingredients for a one skillet meal.  I poured the last of the open bottle of Tuella Red from the Douro region of Portugal.



The hamburgers tasted like hockey pucks but the rest of the ingredients were surprisingly tasty, except the edges of the onion slices had burned a bit.  Suzette did not like the wine either.

So we are capable of cooking bad meals.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment