Tuesday, November 7, 2023

November 7, 2023 Lunch - Beef Enchiladas with Requeson Dinner - Pita Pocket sandwiches with lamb

November 7, 2023 Lunch - Beef Enchiladas with Requeson  Dinner - Pita Pocket sandwiches with lamb


I ate two slices of toasted bagel with cream cheese, Gravad lax, red onion slices, and capers at 9:00.


The contractor started on the bathroom remodel today, so it was noisy.


Then at noon I went to Bill Turner’s office to review files and sign legal opinions. 


When I returned at 2:15 I checked the Market and was pleased that my portfolio was up another .0767%. I transferred my required Mandatory Distribution from my IRAs today, so I am happy that the rise on the NASDAQ for the last six days is so welcome.


I heated a plate of the enchilada casserole we made a few days ago and garnished the enchiladas with chopped onions and requeson (Mexican cottage cheese) and served them with chopped lettuce after they were heated in the microwave for about 4 1/2 minutes.




I drank a Shiner Bock beer.


I rested after lunch and dozed in the big chair in front of the TV until 4:45 when Suzette came home.


I meditated for 1/2 hour until 5:30 and then drank a white vermouth and watched the election results and Finding your Roots at 7:00.  The most amazing thing was a black actress was related to John Webster, who came to America on the Mayflower and was a religious leader of the Pilgrims.


At 9:00 I heated a pita pocket and Suzette heated a handful of lamb slices in the microwave.I sliced a tomato from our garden and tore several leaves of lettuce.


I tore the pita in half and filled each warm half with lamb and tomato slices, lettuce leaves, tzatziki, and labni. I also filled the rest of the plate with 8 green olives and three dill pickles.



It turned out to be a large meal.  I drank yogurt drink, so one could say, I had yogurt three ways with this meal.


Suzette went to bed at 9:45 after the vote was yes to add abortion rights to the Ohio Constitution and the democrats won control of the Virginia House of Burgess and Senate.  Joe Biden’s comment was wonderful, “Votes win elections, not polls”


I blogged and went to bed before 11:00.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment