Monday, November 6, 2023

November 6, 2023 Lunch - PPI Stir Fried Chicken and Vegetables with Noodles Dinner - Pita Pocket Sandwiches with Lamb and Tzatziki

 November 6, 2023 Lunch - PPI Stir Fried Chicken and Vegetables with Noodles Dinner - Pita Pocket Sandwiches with Lamb and Tzatziki


I awakened at 6:00 and showered and dressed. I listened to reports of Trump’s testimony in the NY fraud trial for a while and watched the market drift upward.


Then at 9:30 I ate a bowl of granola with grapes, yogurt and milk.


At 11:00 I drove to the County Probate Court and picked up the fully explicated copy of a probate to use to file an ancillary probate in Philadelphia.


Then I came home and at 1:00 heated and ate the container of PPI Stir Fried Chicken and vegetables with noodles we had left from dinner several nights ago. It was just as delicious today.  I love adding cooked rice vermicelli noodles to stir fried dishes because they are quick cooking and offer a nice change from rice.




I got a call from Bill Turner at 1:30 so after I checked the market finish at 2:00 I drove to Bill’s office. I parked on 8th and walked the last 1 1/2 blocks to get some exercise.


Suzette was home when I returned.  We had decided we would use the PPI grilled lamb chops to make pita pocket sandwiches.


I sliced two tomatoes, 1/8 red onion, and four leaves of Napa cabbage and made a bowl of tzatziki with two cloves of garlic pressed, 2 thin slices of red onion minced, 3/4 cucumber peeled, seeded and diced, a tsp. of salt on the cucumber to help it yield its water, juice of 2/3 lemon, and a cup of yogurt. I went to the garden and picked three stalks of mint and de-stemmed the leaves and minced them and added the chopped mint to the tzatziki to finish the dish.


I then sliced the meat off the four PPI grilled lamb chops and Suzette fetched the dolmas from the fridge and heated five dolmas with a handful of lamb slices and heated 1 1/2 pitas in the microwave.


I fetched the two bottles of Reserva Rioja red wine that had about a glass of wine left and poured them into glasses Suzette had fetched.


I also fetched some green olives, and we enjoyed a Middle Eastern meal that was quite filling.


We stuffed each pita pocket with tomato and onion slices, a small handful of chopped cabbage, lamb and tzatziki and ate them sandwich with warm dolmas and olives.




We watched some Antique Roadshow episodes, the LA Chargers beat the Jets.  I like LA’s quarterback Herbert, who is tall and animated.


Suzette went to bed at 9:00 and i started watching the ancient history of the Pueblo people, but fell asleep until after 10:00 when I watched a bit more of the modern history until 10:40 when I made a cup of chai and ate cookies with the tea and blogged this entry.


Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment