Tuesday, November 21, 2023

November 21, 2023 Lunch - Hot Dog at Costco Dinner - Eggplant Parmesan with Spaghetti

November 21, 2023  Lunch - Hot Dog at Costco  Dinner - Eggplant Parmesan with Spaghetti


I rode a mile on the stationary bike this morning after eating a pain au chocolate with a cup of tea.


I then ate a bowl of granola  with tropical fruit salad, yogurt and milk.

Then I worked on the Hotel transaction until noon when I drank another cup of tea with another pain au chocolate. I guess I was hungry today and that was lucky because I was scheduled for an appointment with a doctor to check my eyes at 1:45.


At 12:30 a client came and we mt until 1:10’ when I drove to the Pres location on Montgomery.


I discovered that I had a virus in my eyes and the drops I was taking were for a bacterial infection.  No wonder my eyes were not getting and better.


I got a list of four things to take for my eyes and sinus congestion.


I drove to Costco stopping at a Mediterranean market at San Pedro at Montgomery where I bought fresh baked pitas, creamy feta cheese, mint flavored yogurt drink, and labni.


At Costco I bought heavy cream, a panettone for Jody and Loyda, an assortment of chocolates, and a 1/2 gallon of egg nog.


After I checked out I ate a hot dog with chopped onions and a Pepsi.

I am happy Costco is serving chopped onions again.


I then drove home and meditated at 5:00.


Suzette started dinner while I was meditating.


She made a spaghetti sauce with canned tomatoes we bought at Costco and herbs.


She also baked a pumpkin and seeded it.




After meditation I drove to Walgreen’s to buy the meds the doctor had prescribed, although they were all over-the-counter drugs to treat allergies in my eyes and sinuses.


While I was gone Suzette sliced and grilled an eggplant and then lined the bottom of a 9 x 13 Pyrex baking dish and lay the eggplant slices on the spinach and the covered the eggplant with spaghetti sauce and slices of fresh mozzarella and baked the dish at 350 degrees for about 1/2 hour until the cheese melted.





When I returned home I treated my eyes with a warm compress and then the new allergy eye drops and my nose with the allergy nasal spray.


When the Eggplant Parmesan was ready Suzette grated Parmesan cheese on top of each portion and i we opened the mislabeled bottle of the red blend from Argentina that had been delivered in error to the bistro, a bottle of which Suzette brought home. 


The red blend turned out be quite good also.


After dinner I ate a bowl of spumoni ice cream to continue the Italian theme.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment