Wednesday, June 28, 2023

June 26, 2023 Breakfast - Fried Eggs and a Sausage patty with Strawberry Pancakes. Lunch - Steak Salad. Dinner - Pita Pocket Sandwiches with Quinoa Tabouli and sautéed BBQ Pork

June 26, 2023 Breakfast - Fried Eggs and a Sausage patty with Strawberry Pancakes.  Lunch - Steak Salad. Dinner - Pita Pocket Sandwiches with Quinoa Tabouli and sautéed BBQ Pork


I awakened at 8:00. At 9:00 I sautéed a sausage patty and two eggs and heated two PPI Strawberry pancakes that I garnished with yogurt and apricot preserves.




At 9:30 I walked to Laguna and back.  I saw Knute Lee on the way and he seemed to be in poor health. The women around him fetched a chair for him to sit in as I walked by. He may not be fully weight bearing. I walked about .75 miles which is a new record for me and felt better toward the end of the walk as breakfast started providing energy.


I then started making Tabouli, but could not find any Bulgar so substituted quinoa, which I cooked for 35 minutes and had difficulty draining completely so it turned out to be a wet Tabouli. I minced a bunch of parsley, four large green onions, three tomatoes, and 2 1/2 Persian cucumbers and added the juice of a lemon and 1/2 cup of olive oil, salt, and a pressed clove of garlic plus. 2 cups of cooked quinoa.


At noon I picked fresh lettuce from the garden and made a steak salad, by adding the leftover piece of steak diced, a Roma tomato, two slices of Iberico cheese, a pickle, and slices of red onion and green olives to the bowl of fresh lettuce and dressed it with the Cesar dressing.


I also made an open face sandwich of slices of Gravad Lax and red onion on slices of toasted and buttered.baguette.


 

At 2:00 a watched TV a bit and finished reading the Unbearable lightness of Being.


I then checked my mail and finished my Schedule C for 2022 federal income tax.


The tech sector and the market collapsed today leaving my portfolio down 1.76% in the last two days.


Suzette came home at 5:00 and helped me make Clafoutis for book club.




Then we made dinner, which was simple.  Suzette sliced a BBQ pork boneless rib and sautéed it and toasted two pitas.  We sliced the pitas in half and filled each half with Tabouli, slices of pork and labni.  I also added two dill pickles and a spoonful of red pickled turnips to my plate.



Suzette poured glasses of red wine and we had a lovely dinner and watched Rachel Maddow and then the soccer match between Panama and Costa Rico. Panama has a strong team and has won the first two matches in this year’s Concacaf competition.


Suzette had awaken early this morning so she went to bed at 8:30 and I drank a White Russian and stayed up to blog this entry.


We will make Chicken Liver pate tomorrow 


Bon Appetit









No comments:

Post a Comment