Wednesday, June 21, 2023

June 20, 2023 Lunch - Salad. Dinner - Eggplant in Garlic Sauce with BBQ Pork and Snow Peas

June 20, 2023 Lunch - Salad. Dinner - Eggplant in Garlic Sauce with BBQ Pork and Snow Peas 


I ate granola with milk and yogurt and grapes for breakfast.  Then got dressed and at 9:30 in a light drizzle walked to the Country Club.  On my way back I was met by my new client, Sharif, who drove me home and we spent the next 1 1/2 hours drafting an Application for Probate,


When he left a bit before noon, I went t the garden and picked a basket full of lettuce that is just now coming into full growth.


I added a diced tomato, a diced dill pickle, a piece of salami, thin slices of onion, and a slice of prosciutto diced.


I heated the remaining meat pie from Istanbul Cafe and added a scoop of labni and had a wonderful lunch.






I checked the Market and I was even with Thursday after a big drop on Friday and a small drop today thanks mainly to Nvidia.


At 5;00 Suzette came home and started calling stores to find burrata.  She finally found it at Whole Foods, so we drove there and bought a container with one 8 oz. ball.


We discussed dinner as we drove and came up with a great menu using ingredients at home. Garlic Eggplant with BBQ Pork and Snow Peas.


I made rice and then peeled and cut an eggplant into 2 to 3 inch strips.

I diced a Pasilla chili and minced three cloves of garlic and about 1 lb. of the BBQ pork we made last night for dinner. While Suzette made the seasoning sauce.with Hoisin, soy, rice vinegar and cornstarch.


She fried the eggplant strips in the wok and then removed them from the wok band drained the grease from them.


She then stir-fried the diced Pasilla chili, garlic, and pork and added the sauce and finally the fried eggplant strips. 


Suzette plated the rice and then piled the eggplant on top.



We ate heartily.  I drank a glass of French Crayon rose that tastes almost like water it is so light and thus does not interfere with the flavors of the food (Trader Joe’s $6.99).


We then watched a silly movie on Netflix titled Love, Wedding, Repeat, until 9:45 when we went to bed,


Bon Appetit





No comments:

Post a Comment