Wednesday, June 7, 2023

June 7, 2023 Lunch - Enchiladas and taquitos with Spanish rice Dinner - Pita Pocket Sandwiches

June 7, 2023 Lunch - Enchiladas and taquitos with Spanish rice   Dinner - Pita Pocket Sandwiches 


Today Suzette worked in the garden much of the morning.


At 8:30 I made us breakfast of toasted bagel slices smeared with cream cheese and garnished with slices of Gravad lax and red onion and capers.


I then pruned the rose bushes in the front yard and, with Suzette’s help, cut out a number of invasive trees from the front beds.


Then I worked on filing documents in my probate case, while Suzette paid bills.


I worked through two formatting issues in Word in about 1 1/2 hours; how to set the right margin and how to manipulate the numbering system.


At 1:45 Suzette heated the rest of the enchiladas, taquitos, and Spanish Rice Henry gave us and ate a hearty lunch.


The market took a late dive today with the NASDAQ down 250 points in late trading.  I thought I was in deep trouble but when I checked my portfolio was only down .676% on the day.  Big increases in Home Depot and Caterpillar and some utilities saved me.


After lunch we walked to the country Club and back and then rested.


I watched the news.and Suzette watched home improvement shows. Then at 6:30 we discussed dinner.  I suggested using the leftover Italian Beef from Sunday’s lunch at Sugar Nymph in Penasco as the meat and adding sliced tomatoes and red onion, chopped lettuce, and tzatziki to fill pita pockets.  Suzette loved the idea because the tzatziki was still fresh. She heated three pita halves and the meat and I sliced a tomato.


I also fetched the bottles of green and black olives and sliced a large radish to munch on and we each drank a glass of Barbera di Asti red wine (Trader Joe’s $6.99). It had a smoother flavor profile than Chianti in my opinion.





At 6:30 we started watching game three of the NBA finals between Miami and Denver because there was not much else on except the news.  Even the big news that Donald Trump’s attorneys received a letter from the DOJ indicating that Trump was a target of their investigation, which was no surprise.


The basketball game was fun to watch because we were rooting for Denver and they won easily by ten points.


We each ate bowls of chocolate truffle cherry ice cream during the game.


Suzette went to bed after the game and I completed the filing of the documents and went bed at 10:50 to blog.


Tomorrow evening we will eat the rest of the fabulous PPI Pasta in a truffle cream sauce with the baked chicken that we made Tuesday evening.


Bon Appetit


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment