Saturday, June 24, 2023

June 24, 2023 Lunch - Salmon Sashimi with Seared Shrimp. Dinner - Grilled Rib Steak with Spaghetti squash Pancakes and Steamed Asparagus

 June 24, 2023 Lunch - Salmon Sashimi with Seared Shrimp. Dinner - Grilled Rib Steak with Spaghetti squash Pancakes and Steamed Asparagus 

I awakened at 9:00.


For breakfast we ate slices of the freshly cured Gravad Lax on Kaufman’s bagels with slices of onion and tomato.



We watched the news of Wagner Group’s advance on Moscow and then it’s standing down transfixed until 11:00 when we drove to Home Depot and then El Super.


At El Super we bought a half gallon of fresh squeezed orange juice, a white onion, avocados, cilantro, parsley, mangos, cucumber, Persian cucumbers, yogurt, a 12 pack of Negra Modelo, Roma tomatoesand three bags of cherries that were $1.50 per lb.




I wanted chicken livers to make chicken liver pate, so we drove to Nelson’s Meats on South Coors but they did not have any.


We went home and I sliced the tail section of the salmon fillet Suzette bought at Costco, 1 1/2 Persian cucumbers, I cooked four large heads on shrimp Suzette bought at Costco, and tore the rest of the bibb lettuce and sliced a green onion and avocado and placed them on a plate.




I then mixed wasabi and soy in a dipping bowl and put pickled ginger in another bowl and we drank beer and ate a sashimi lunch.


I then pitted cherries for clafoutis and then for maraschino cherries.


At 5:00 I lay down and slept until 7:30.


When I got up from my nap it was time to make dinner.


Suzette asked me if I wanted grilled potatoes of spaghetti squash pancakes.  I said pancakes so Suzette mixed milk, Salt, pepper, and flour with the cooked spaghetti squash she had prepared several days ago.


We put canola oil in a skillet and cooked the squash pancakes just like regular pancakes.


We also steamed asparagus and Suzette grilled a rib steak on the grill.


I went to the basement and found several older bottles, including a 2012 Wellington Grenache that Suzette opened it and poured glasses while I sliced the steak that was cooked to medium rare.





The wine was wonderful. It expressed the clarity of a long cellared red. After dinner I toasted and buttered three small slices of baguette and sliced some brie cheese to eat on them to finish the bottle of wine.


At 8:30;we watched Father Brown and at 9:30, Death in Paradise, that was interrupted by a call from Willy from Bali, with whom we spoke for a while.


Later I ate a bowl of Clafoutis with whipped cream and a snifter of Calvados.





We watched the opening skit of Saturday Night Live and then zsuzette went to bed.  I watched a few minutes of a police murder mystery starring Gillian Anderson and then blogged this entry.


We will make mango chutney, maraschino cherries, and clafoutis tomorrow.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment