Monday, May 24, 2021

May 24, 2021 Lunch - Tabouli Salad. A five minute Dinner - PPI pork and beans with sautéed smoked pork chop tacos and steamed sugar snap peas

 May 24, 2021 Lunch - Tabouli Salad.  A five minute Dinner - PPI pork and beans with sautéed smoked pork chop tacos and steamed sugar snap peas


I ate granola, milk, yogurt, blue berries and sliced banana for breakfast.


At 12:00 I drove to the bank, the post office, Lowe’s, and UPS.


At Lowe’s I bought small avocados, mushrooms, yogurt, and lasagna noodles.  At UPS I picked up the case of wine shipped by Konstantin Frank.


When I returned home I unloaded the wine and groceries.


I was hungry, so I made a quick simple salad by spooning Tabouli onto four romaine lettuce leaves placed in a pasta bowl.



After I finished the salad I toasted a piece of French baguette and spread cod roe and lay slices of onion and Jarlsberg cheese and melted the cheese in the microwave and drank a cup of tea with my cheese sandwich as I watched the market close and was pleased that the market had a strong rally and my portfolio was up over 1.5% and almost halfway back from its recent low toward its all time high of early March.


I worked during the afternoon until 4:30 when Suzette arrived.  We sat in the gazebo and she drank a mint Julip and I drank a cup of tea with a cookie.


Diane came by later and we talked and then she picked several mint plants to take to her garden.


It was almost 7:00 and we did not want to cook much, so Suzette thawed out a bag of pork and beans and sautéed a smoked pork cutlet and steamed about 1/3 lb. of sugar snap peas for a five minute prep.




Suzette heated corn tortillas in the microwave and sliced an avocado and I opened two Mexican dark beers and we made tacos and ate sugar snap peas with our fingers for a quick, delicious dinner.  Tonight Suzette steamed the sugar snap peas perfectly.  They were crunchy, sweet, and tender.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment