Tuesday, May 18, 2021

May 17, 2021 Lunch - Fried Salami and onion sandwich Dinner - Sautéed Mahi Mahi with asparagus

 May 17, 2021 Lunch - Fried Salami and onion sandwich Dinner - Sautéed Mahi Mahi with asparagus 


I tried to continue the simple diet we were on on the trip today, mainly because the only food in the house was that left from the trip.


I ate granola with milk and yogurt and then drove to the Romero property at 8:00 to await a City inspector.  Willy and Brian, a friend from Dublin visiting for the weekend came down from Willy’s apartment to keep me company and brought me a cup of tea.  Brian, who is from California, met Willy at the student housing by the Luas Station where they both lived while attending Dublin Institute of Technology.


The City inspector arrived at 9:00 and inspected the issue and signed off on the permit.


I sent photos of the approval to Brian and Suzette and then Brian arrived and we discussed the approval process and his projected opening and then I drove home to begin going through the stack of 3 week’s mail and chilled the bottle of Herman J. Wiemer Dry Gewertztraiminer we bought at the winery into the fridge to chill.


At 1:00 I became hungry and decided to fry some Bologna and salami with slices of onion and eat that on two pieces of toasted multigrain bread we bought at Neighbor’s Mill Bakery in Springfield, MO.


I spread Mayo on each slice of bread and lay slices of Roma tomato on the Mayo and then the warm salami/Bologna and onions, then Grey Poupon country style Dijon mustard, and finally a slice of cheese.


The sandwiches were delicious and soon I felt better.


I watched the market close and by the close my projected loss for the day had halved.  The big news today was the spinoff but ATandT of Warner Communications in a merger with the Discovery channel to create a huge media Company, sufficiently large to compete with Disney and Netflix.


I was thrilled because I was wanting to buy Discovery shares and since I own ATandT shares and its shareholders will receive 71% of the new media company’s shares, I will receive lots of shares in the merged company.


Then in the afternoon, it was confirmed that Amazon is in discussions to acquire MGM Studios.  That sent Amazon shares up and made me feel like  my portfolio had a chance to see further growth as Amazon moved further into the entertainment industry with its own studio to add to Amazon Prime and Amazon TV.


What an interesting day in the market.


After lunch I finished opening all the mail and paid several bills and then drove to the bank to deposit checks.


After the bank I went to Tricore Labs for the tests my new doctor had prescribed and then felt an urgent need to buy food to refill the larder.


I drove to Sprouts, where I bought two Mahi Mahi fillets, broccoli, a salmon fillet, a tuna steak, 1/2 pound of Peruvian scallops, mushrooms, bananas, sweet onions, and green beans.  Sprouts was out of whole milk, so I then drove to Lowe’s, where I bought milk, an acorn squash, a daikon, a head of romaine lettuce, and three lemons.


When I arrived at home Suzette was home.  We were both tired from our first day back at work that started early and went late. Suzette rested and I showered and shaved and we both felt better by 6:30.


We discussed dinner and neither of us wanted to cook an elaborate meal.  We finally settled on sautéing a fresh Mahi fillet with diced asparagus in a garlic sauce.  I went to the garden and picked several sprigs of thyme and a handful of chives.


I chopped the thyme and added it to skillet and sliced the chives that we used as garnish.






I opened a bottle of 2019 Herman J. Wiemer dry gewertztraiminir that we bought at its Finger Lakes winery.  It was sweeter than I recalled but the acidity balanced the sweetness.


After a late dinner we went to bed.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment