Wednesday, September 5, 2018

September 5, 2018 Lunch – Church Street Café. Dinner – Sautéed Scallops in Mirin Sauce with Cauliflower Couscous and Peas garnished with fried carrot strips

September 5, 2018 Lunch – Church Street Café. Dinner – Sautéed Scallops in Mirin Sauce with Cauliflower Couscous and Peas garnished with fried carrot strips

I ate a 1/3 slice of bagel for breakfast smeared with cream cheese and garnished with slices of onion and Lax and capers.

I called Marie to meet her and she invited me to Church Street Café for lunch.  I called Willy and he was available so I picked him up on the way.

Marie told us about the complete street plan for Rio Grande and her plans for 522 Romero and we told her some possible plans for 524 Romero.  Then we ordered.  Willy ordered soft tacos with ground beef; still one of his favorite dishes, and I ordered pork tamales with spinach and beans with red sauce.  Marie ordered El Ranchito, which appeared to be a short stack of enchiladas.  Here are the pictures.



 







We both liked our food.  It was good if not great.  Everything was well prepared.  I liked my tamale and the cooked beans were wonderful, but the spinach seemed to be a bit over cooked and leaden.

Marie told us the Complete Street plan was on the agenda at City Council this evening and we told her we would attend.

When I returned home I thawed 12 scallops.



I napped from 3:00 to 4:00.


Willy sent me the plan and I opened it and also the agenda for the City Council meeting and was able to watch it on video.  So when the agenda reached near the action items near 6:30 I called Willy and discovered he was on his walking over to the house, so I picked him up on the way to City Council.

We listened to the discussion and the comments and then after the plan was adopted we left and talked to the group of merchants for a moment and  then drove home.

When we returned home we discovered Suzette had made a fabulous dinner.  She had sautéed the scallops in Mirin and rice vinegar.

She pulsed the cauliflower flowerets into Couscous and sautéed the Couscous with frozen peas in butter and fresh chopped parsley.

Then she made strips of carrot and sautéed them to a crisp and garnished the dish with the fried carrot strips.  Here is a picture.



We drizzled fresh lemon juice onto the scallops and I poured out the rest of the Pecton Bay Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand I bought at Trader Joe’s for $6.99 I think.  The wine was also wonderful; light with a good balance of fruit and acidity.

We enjoyed the wonderful light meal.

Afterward, Willy left and I warmed a piece of cobbler and gave it a squeeze or two of Reddi-Whip and drank a cup of Earl Grey tea with it.

Suzette had gotten up at 4:00 so she was dead tired and went to bed a bit after 8:30.  Comcast cable was not working so I went to bed at 9:00 and blogged.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment