Monday, September 3, 2018

September 2, 2018 Brunch – Shrimp Omelet Dinner – Chicken Curry, Raita and rice

September 2, 2018 Brunch – Shrimp Omelet
Dinner – Chicken Curry, Raita and rice

When I awakened at 7:15 I watched the news programs and connected to my Central European heritage by toasting a slice of bagel and spreading it with cream cheese, onion slices, and smoked whitefish.

Suzette made brunch at 9:30 before she went shopping.  She cooked an omelet with shrimp, some diced steak, and Irish chive Cheddar.  I diced 1/2 avocado and drizzled a few drops of Cholula hot sauce on my She drank her usual, a Bloody Mary, and I drank tea.



I went for a bike ride to Montano today and then lay down to rest and watched Nadal win his quarterfinal match at Forest Hills in the U.S. Open.

When it ended I took a nap until after 6:00 and then made 1 ½ cup of basmati rice. And then drove to El Super to shop.  I bought a pineapple and some limes for $.50/lb., Persian cucumbers for $.33/lb., a papaya, peaches, avocados, green onions, parsley, cilantro, mushrooms, Roma tomatoes, oranges, bananas, a fresh coconut, and two cans of coconut milk.

While I went shopping Suzette made a peach, blueberry, and fig cobbler.

When I returned home we added one can of coconut milk to the curry and decided to add some brown sugar to overcome a slightly bitter aftertaste.

I made riata with three Persian cucumbers, a ripe tomato from our garden, a clove of garlic, yogurt, and mustard, Cumin, and coriander seeds dry roasted in a wok.

At 8:00 Suzette and I ladled rice and curry into pasta bowls and added riata, Mango chutney, and Mild Lime pickle.

The fireworks at the Albuquerque country club began and we grabbed a beer and ran to the bench by the bocce court and watched the twenty minute display of fireworks that is an annual event.  Willy arrived during the fireworks display.  After the display he took a bowl of curry, rice, and riata and we moved to the table under the gazebo.

He told us about his bike ride in the Sandias from a trailhead near Placitas today.

Luke called to let us know he was driving in to town and then called back to tell us they had stopped in Winslow, Az. for the night.

We went to bed around 9:30.  I am enjoying reading Sapiens by Harari.

This is the first time I have combined tamarind, coconut milk, and Madras curry powder.  I usually do either tamarind or curry powder, not both.  It had made for an interesting curry, but we needed to add some brown sugar to it.

Willy liked the riata with the roasted seeds.  He liked their crunch and flavor.

We drank beer with the curry.

I awakened at 11:00 when Luke called and am blogged this, before going back to bed.

Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment